Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First 3d Printer / Help

Posted by cdstang 
First 3d Printer / Help
January 20, 2015 12:44PM
Here is some pics of the printer..

( Reprap Prusa Aurora i3 )

It looks like a Prusa i3 A602. I’m looking for printable printer parts but cant find anything, most are telling me they come on the SD card.
But when I contacted the sell they said and I quote " We can't give them to you because they are company secret.

Also it seams that the heated bed takes over an hour to reach 80c.

Also I was looking for more in on the controller board.
( MKS Base V1.1 ) Finding so little info on it.

Can I download the current firmware from the printer for safe keeping.
Also is there any custom firmware out there.

And does anyone have a good write up for this printer for tuning and software setup.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2015 04:26PM by cdstang.
Re: First 3d Printer / Help
January 20, 2015 01:25PM
cdstang
Also it seams that the heated bed takes over an hour to reach 80c.
Something is wrong there. It only take about 10 minutes for me to hit 110c
January 20, 2015 11:15PM
You wouldn't think a RepRap kit company would throw the proprietary data card. The vendor from whom I got my kit makes their parts freely available on their website and encourages the practice by offering hardware kits that don't contain the plastics, but their parts would not be interchangeable with the ones on that machine.

There's nothing to keep you from getting a set of calipers, taking measurements, and building your own models. There's no rocket science in those parts.

My heated bed is only slightly faster than yours, but it's apparently to be expected on my model, which runs a thick aluminum plate and unusually thick glass over the PCB, so there's a lot of thermal mass there. Did you take resistance measurements of the bed alone, bed and leads, and bed circuit?
January 20, 2015 11:38PM
A quick search on Thingiverse resulted in several parts for your printer. Here are some replacement parts:

click

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
January 21, 2015 09:05AM
Floyd
Something is wrong there. It only take about 10 minutes for me to hit 110c
I agree from what I found around the web. The bed resistance is 1.5 Ohms thru wires and 1.2 at bed. Change out the wires to 16ga, because it
looked like they had 20ga on it. I also put cork as insulator on the bottom of the mk2a board. I can now get temps to 80c in 20mins, but after
that it stalls. My print plate is aluminum so it could be acting as a big heat sink. My power supply is 12v 20a and 250w it looks like. Is that a good
power supply for this unit or is it under sized?

MindRealm
Thanks for the link. I searched Thingiverse and couldn’t find anything close to my unit. I guess I didn’t know the right wording for the search.

Thank everyone for the help
January 21, 2015 09:28AM
20 Amp is enough for a printer with heatbed and only one hotend.
Have you measured the voltage on the heatbed?
January 21, 2015 12:11PM
gforce1
20 Amp is enough for a printer with heatbed and only one hotend.
Have you measured the voltage on the heatbed?

I just check the heatbed and the voltage was 11.02v, So I checked at the power unit and its putting out 12.53.
So there is a voltage drop. They had 20 or 22ga wire on the heatbed and the main power wires.
I already changed the heatbed wires to 16ga. I just now change out the main power wire to 16ga and its staying right at 12.49v now..

Now it stalls out at 90c.

Getting closer
January 22, 2015 04:01AM
I have an A602 and there is a folder on the SD card marked STL files, they are all of the parts you need.
Let me know which part you require and I can send the appropriate STL file to you.

Dave
January 22, 2015 11:59AM
Also I’m looking to be able to edit current firmware from the board.
If I can download it form the board I can edit and see how its setup and I wouldn’t have to start from scratch. Or if anyone has a Configuration.h sample
file for the MKS Base 1.1 board with direct extrusion.

When I connect to the printer in Repetier it shows this in the log.

Marlin 1.0.0
echo: Last Updated: Jan 5 2015 13:49:08 | Author: (MakerLab, default config)
Compiled: Jan 5 2015
echo: Free Memory: 4258 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
echo:Hardcoded Default Settings Loaded
echo: SD init fail
FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin V1; Sprinter/grbl mashup for gen6 FIRMWARE_URL:[www.mendel-parts.com]
PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Mendel EXTRUDER_COUNT:1
January 24, 2015 12:43AM
2 of my printers are Chinese imports (Aurora a605) and they had aluminum heat plates.
It used to take about 10 minutes to heat the bed (and I could only heat up to 75c).

I replaced the aluminum heat plates with dual-coil PCB MK1 (12v) heat plates (there is a heating coil on the top and the bottom of the PCB - ebay find).

I had to change the powersupply and add a relay - powersuply is a 410W ATX powersupply - w/ dual 12v rails
- I use the primary 12v rail (4 pin molex connector) to power the ramps board (which powers the primary coil on the heat plate)
- I use the CPU plug for the 2nd coil/side of the heatbed - via an add-on relay

Now I go from 22c to 90c in 4 minutes (5 minutes for 110c)
- the heatbed and the printhead are both ready to use at the same time.

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2015 01:04AM by PaulKoerber.
January 25, 2015 11:53AM
Ok guys thanks again for the help.. Have one more thing to figure out.

The current firmware is Marlin 1.0.0 and everything seems to work ok for the most part.
Well I was wanting to upgrade to 1.0.2 and when I moved my setting,
Printer over it worked somewhat.

When I upgrade to the newer firmware the stepper motor for the extruder quits working.

Thanks
Bobby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 07:45AM by cdstang.
January 26, 2015 08:45AM
Ok its working. I found [github.com] and it has auto bed lvling and its working with my extruder.
January 26, 2015 10:49AM
This firmware is printing a ton better and the printer its self is running smoother.
April 08, 2015 01:42AM
Hello Dave

Actually I could use the whole SD card content. I just bought one A602 from ebay and the sd card came corrupted therefore the hardware folder seems empty in my computer. I cant wait to start assembling it so if you could upload the sdcard content I would be more than grateful brother.

Thanks in advance

Allan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login