Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature Sensor v2.0 needed confused smiley

Posted by rhmorrison 
Temperature Sensor v2.0 needed confused smiley
June 08, 2010 06:36PM
I am using the 'still' current Gen 3 MakerBot electronics and also purchased the Temperature Sensor v2.0 kit.

Is this needed when using the Extruder Controller V2.2 because on the V2.2 board there is a direct connection marked for the thermistor which more or less seams to work.

Since the V2.2 board contains a capacitor and 4.7kΩ resistor which is basically what is on the Temperature Sensor v2.0 board I ASS-U-ME the answer is NO, that the board is not required when using the Extruder Controller V2.2 board.

But better safe then sorry...

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: Temperature Sensor v2.0 needed confused smiley
June 09, 2010 10:58AM
For the v2.2 Extruder Controller you hook the thermistor directly to the board. Be sure you have the correct look-up table for the thermistor that you have.

Here are a few and a link to a python script to generate one if you know the model and can find a datasheet for your thermistor.
http://reprap.org/wiki/Thermistor

These values go in the extruder controller firmware in something like temperature.h I think. If you have a makerbot thermistor, the makerbot firmware should have a table you can extract from. If you have a very small 1mm thermistor from makerbot see [www.flatline.net] for the correct table, otherwise your temperature will read high.

----
[www.binaryconstruct.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login