Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i2 bulldog extruder jumping back

Posted by stefkeh 
Prusa i2 bulldog extruder jumping back
May 04, 2015 04:28AM
Hi,

i've been running this Bulldog XL extruder on my prusa i2 fine for a while but now it's acting up.
Whenever i try to extrude any filament , the motor seems to 'jump back'...
There is a fan on the stepper drivers , with heatsink attached to those. the jumping happens straight when i boot up the machine , so i don't think it is related to anything overheating...
the heatsink is cool enough to hold your hand on and the motor itself is feeling warm.
I've also tried changing the temperature of the hotend to a higher temperature so it has less friction to extract the filament , and i've also tried 'helping' the motor with pushing the filament in when it tries to extrude, but to no avail...

Video of the problem here

Does anyone have an idea on what could be wrong / what i can check ?

thank you,

Stef
Re: Prusa i2 bulldog extruder jumping back
May 04, 2015 05:48PM
Perhaps you are extruding too fast? Or there is a "cliff" inside. The filament gets curved and stucked?

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
Re: Prusa i2 bulldog extruder jumping back
May 05, 2015 01:17PM
hmh.. i have to say that the extruder is quite old .... and the problem started happening after i didn't use the printer for a couple of months...
The speed hasn't changed with how it used to work in the past so maybe i'll order another hotend and see if that improves the case smiling smiley

thanks for your reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login