Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are there any IGS files of the reprap-parts?

Posted by yurishi 
Are there any IGS files of the reprap-parts?
August 05, 2010 10:51AM
Hi,

i'm working on some improvements of/for the reprap.. For that i need some CAD-Files, because i don't want to reconstruct all that parts. i'm using catia (v5r19) and it does not support any of the files on the website.

I also tried to open that files with solid works, but i can't open files created with the study-license -_-

The global file-format to share is the IGS-Format it can be readen and written by many CAD-Tools. Is it possible that someone can upload that files as IGS?

I hope to hear from you soon.
Yurishi
Re: Are there any IGS files of the reprap-parts?
August 05, 2010 11:23AM
Okay i fixed that problem..

In SE you have to open the general-assambly.stp.. SE converts all the parts included in the assambly to different .par files which i can convert with SE to IGS^^
Re: Are there any IGS files of the reprap-parts?
August 05, 2010 11:26AM
>>>>>The global file-format to share is the IGS-Format it can be readen and written by many CAD-Tools. Is it possible that someone can upload that files as IGS? <<<<<

I agree with you. I wish more files were released with the IGS-Step formats as it would make things alot easier. Thingverse is a dead end for many good ideas because of the format.

What RepRap were you looking for? If its mendel and IGS format was made and opened to the public. I can't recall the link however.

Hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login