Disused Mendel
October 09, 2015 05:39PM
Hello all,

I almost completed a Mendel about 5 years ago. It moves properly in 3 dimensions, but I never quite got the extruder working (it had the original design of Mendel extruder which struggled to grip the plastic) so it was never properly calibrated.

I always hoped to come back to it as a project, but the years have passed by and I haven't managed to do so.

It saddens me to see it going to waste, so can anyone tell me if there's a (UK) market for such an old, unfinished machine, to sell as an ongoing project - and if so, how much should I ask for it?

Many thanks.

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2015 05:40PM by jcpren.
Re: Disused Mendel
October 12, 2015 03:10AM
You could just make some basic instructions for the build and sell it as a kit on Ebay.
If someone prefers it built than postage would be quite high, so offer pickup as well.
Start with 1 pound (that's what you on the island isn't it?) and set a reserve of 250.
In case it won't go over the reserve price you can either make an offer to the highest bidder so far or simply try again.

There are also quite a few maker communities in the UK, maybe it is worth asking them if they need a project printer for a good price or in return for some prints?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2015 03:11AM by Downunder35m.
October 16, 2015 11:53AM
Some good advice - thanks! smiling smiley
August 20, 2016 03:40PM
Finally listed on eBay! More details: For Sale section
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login