Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

US-friendly squashed frog stencil

Posted by Buback 
US-friendly squashed frog stencil
September 29, 2010 01:11PM
Could someone please scale the image to 8.5 x 11 paper and post it to the y-axis wiki page, please? I've been trying to do the scaling myself and getting more and more frustrated!

ARRRRRGGGHHHH!
Re: US-friendly squashed frog stencil
September 29, 2010 02:05PM
Not the workaround you are looking for, but most printers will take A4, and if you just need a few sheets, you can trim down a bit of legal size paper to 11.7 x 8.3 in. We use to do that when we had short run and nothing in stock.

I'll try to take a stab at what you are requesting, but could you toss me a link to the original version?
September 29, 2010 02:12PM
Here's nop head's simplified "squashed frog" blog post, but I don't see a file to convert. I assume you want to print one out on letter size paper, paste it to some store-bought MDF and "scroll saw" it out.

I've been bothered by the lack of a letter sized template myself, but I instead bought a laser-cut version on ebay, so it dropped off the to-do list.
September 29, 2010 02:49PM
Try the attached. I took an image from [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com] and brought it into gimp. Then I rotated it, merged it with a 8.5x11 layer, and printed it locally as a PDF. My printer is broken right now, so I can't verify it's the proper size.

Leave comments on the thread if it works.

--
My blog's Reprap feed: [blog.markbova.com]
I'm currently working on a stock Mendel build with a Seeeduino Mega and four Pololu A4983 stepper controllers.
Attachments:
open | download - trial-squashed-frog-letter.pdf (19.1 KB)
September 29, 2010 03:17PM
My file is here: [www.thingiverse.com] I don't understand why you need to scale it though. It should come out actual size, regardless of the paper size, assuming it fits on. I.e. it should always be printed 1:1

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 29, 2010 03:26PM
nophead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My file is here:
> [www.thingiverse.com]

Nice, but that's on A4 paper. the OP's asking for something on Letter size paper.

--
My blog's Reprap feed: [blog.markbova.com]
I'm currently working on a stock Mendel build with a Seeeduino Mega and four Pololu A4983 stepper controllers.
September 29, 2010 03:32PM
pica Wrote:
> I assume
> you want to print one out on letter size paper,
> paste it to some store-bought MDF and "scroll saw"
> it out.
Exactly. I knew I saw the simplified frog somewhere but it's not in the wiki, and I couldn't find a direct link or remember who posted about it. Should have known it was Nophead :-). At least now it can be found with a search of the forums, if all else fails.

It printed as 199.5 x 136.5 (close enough). The standard is listed as 148 mm wide, but I guess he just made it a bit narrower. All the cutouts check out though so this will be perfect.

I am very slow to anger, or even to annoy, but something about this just enraged me! Thank you so so much
September 29, 2010 03:41PM
nophead Wrote:
> My file is here:
> [www.thingiverse.com] I don't
> understand why you need to scale it though. It
> should come out actual size, regardless of the
> paper size, assuming it fits on. I.e. it should
> always be printed 1:1

a lot of programs think you want the image scaled to paper size, and give no option to print actual size. I even tried Gimp with a bunch of different settings and that was what frustrated me. (of course this was with the original, not yours)

The PDF works, however, so i'm happy now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login