Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel frame is wobbly

Posted by AgeingHippy 
Mendel frame is wobbly
October 02, 2010 07:01AM
Hey guys

I have a question about the frame.

I have just assembled the frame and frame ends, jigging the triangular sides with J1 and when putting them together J2 apart as specified here.

The frame now rocks on 2 opposing feet like a wonky table. I need to shorten one of the (not so) vertical bar distance by as much as 3mm to remove the wobble.

My question is should I remove the wobble or keep the wobble and go with the jugged distances using some padding under one of the feet to remove the wobble?

Thanks
Re: Mendel frame is wobbly
October 02, 2010 07:29AM
I think you need to keep the jigged distances the same but also get the feet level. Perhaps loosen the horizontal members and twist one triangle relative to the other so the feet are all on a flat surface and then tighten them again. The y-axis will bind if the two y-bars are not parallel to each other in the vertical plane, which they won't be if the feet are at different heights.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 02, 2010 07:43AM
Thanks Chris

I will give that a bash - it means that one of the feet will be standing on the edge of a vertice rather than the flat.

Been *many* months since starting on this road but now I have a stable home with a study for my repraping and a garage for my heavier tools smiling smiley so getting on with it in earnest now.

Cheers
October 02, 2010 08:16AM
> I will give that a bash - it means that one of the
> feet will be standing on the edge of a vertice
> rather than the flat.
>
>
Why? If the the triangle is equilateral the feet should all be flat.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 02, 2010 11:28AM
nophead Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> Why? If the the triangle is equilateral the feet
> should all be flat.

erm... basically because I did not really understand what you were saying... I thought you were talking about twisting one of the vertices..

Anyway, after I figured out what you were getting at I managed to sort out the problem.

Thanks Chris

smiling smiley
October 02, 2010 12:13PM
What does the phrase "give that a bash mean"? Just curious.
October 03, 2010 11:25AM
I guess you are in the US then?

It means "I will give that a try"

[richrap.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login