Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Layers do not lay evenly

Posted by mlaustin66 
Layers do not lay evenly
March 13, 2016 09:35PM
I'm getting close to having all issues ironed out. The one I can't resolve is inconsistencies in the way layers are being laid down. I'm using PETG. My hotend is 260C based on manufactures recommendation and some tinkering. The bed is at 75C. I fine tuned my E steps and other calibrations based on Triffid Hunter's calibration guide. The X and Y belts are pretty tight. The X axis is level. The bed is level. I'm using .2mm layer height and .5mm layer width, which was calibrated.. The acceleration was set at 1400 based on the P3 Steel firmware I used. I changed that to 1000, and that is what you are seeing in this picture. It still happens. I'm not sure what else to do and would love some guidance. What can I do to get these to lay evenly?
Attachments:
open | download - layer_issue.jpg (134.5 KB)
Re: Layers do not lay evenly
March 14, 2016 03:03PM
In looking at this further in various searches., it is possible this is a z axis wobble issue. I'm going to try messing around with that. Any other suggestions would be welcome.
Re: Layers do not lay evenly
March 22, 2016 11:35PM
I replaced the z axis rods, and the rods are much straighter than the last set. The Z axis shift is considerably less but still slightly there. What can I do now to make this more fine tuned and exact?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login