Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap Prusa Mendel i3 nightmare

Posted by Turion 
Reprap Prusa Mendel i3 nightmare
March 17, 2016 01:52AM
I am an old guy, so computers and 3D printers are not my thing, but I wanted a printer to make parts for my hobby. I purchased this unit, and have it assembled. I am able to use the LCD screen and controller to move things around and heat up both the bed and printer head, but I cannot get my computer (Windows 10) to recognize that the printer is connected. There were no instructions for what software to load or the order to load it in. There was some software included, and I have tried my best to install it, but so far no luck. I have spent three days on line trying to download and install software to get this thing to work, but so far it isn't. It may be as simple as properly configuring a USB port according to what I have read, but I haven't been able to figure out how to co that with Windows 10. I cannot find any info on the board that came with the machine, and in all my searching on the internet I have not come across another one that looks like it. SO if I have somehow wiped the software off the board, I have no idea what software to load back on it or how to do it. I would SINCERELY appreciate any help anyone can give me. When I try to use Cura to adjust the printer level it says "Unable to access printer."
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_2727-2.JPG (143 KB)
Re: Reprap Prusa Mendel i3 nightmare
March 17, 2016 10:53AM
It looks like a Geeetech Printrboard (Teensylu) to me. Do you have the Arduino IDE installed? If so, which version.
Once you install that you can find the USB driver for Teensy in the Arduino/Drivers folder.

PS - Are you the same Turion from Energetic Forums?

Mark B

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2016 01:02PM by MarkBot.
March 18, 2016 12:41AM
MarkBot,
Yeah, I'm the same guy. LOL. Trying to get this thing working to print out parts for the prototype we are building. I have NO experience with 3D printing, so this is a painful introduction, and I am going back and forth between it and my prototype on the bench all day long, and neither one are doing what I want them to do, mostly because of MY errors. I THINK this is a HICTOP MKS board, from what I can tell. Just found one that looks exactly like it on eBay, so that should make things a LITTLE easier, I hope. But I will check out the board you listed just to be sure. I do have the Audrino IDE installed, but am afraid I wiped the boot loader off the board somehow.
March 18, 2016 02:19AM
I sent you a PM

Just an Artist, Musician, Designer, Programmer, Maker

Using: My H-Bot w/Mega RAMPS 1.4
M Prime 1 Custom Find me @ [www.thingiverse.com]
My SCARA Project Find me @ [www.thingiverse.com]
Zenbot 2424 CNC Router w/Mach 3
April 07, 2016 04:38PM
I see this is from a few weeks ago, and I hope that your issue has been fixed by now. I have the same model of printer judging by your picture. I tried to attach the instructions that they should have included (it's amazing how often they miss that) but it is to large for the forum. I can email it to you, or try and compress it if you are still having some trouble.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login