Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why are my prints going wrong ?

Posted by ss002d6252 
Why are my prints going wrong ?
April 28, 2016 10:38AM
I have a RAMPS 1.4 board (Marlin) on an ANET - the board burnt out so I changed it.

Before it burnt out the print quality was great, now I've swapped to the RAMPS 1.4 I just can't get a decent print.

The attached image is a calibration square that I used to check how it was printing. What I'm finding is that every time a layer is laid down it's getting further and further out of sync in the Z-axis and end up like a shredded wheat.

Where am I going wrong - I've tried various things without luck ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2016 10:39AM by ss002d6252.
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (420.5 KB)
Re: Why are my prints going wrong ?
April 28, 2016 11:41AM
Doesn't look like you calibrated the printer. See: [reprap.org]
April 28, 2016 12:06PM
While I am no expert, I think I have encountered enough problems to potentially help you. If you were using the exact same print settings as prior to the board change and if you didn't change the firmware configuration, it should print as it did before. I had to do a board change, and my results were the same. Make sure those settings are the same especially the esteps. It looks like you could be under extruding.

Outside of software and speed issues (both in the firmware and slicer settings), hardware is the next logical place to look. Did you use the same stepper drivers or new ones? If they are new, was the voltage set as you had it before?.
April 29, 2016 03:28AM
It was an ANET board before hand so no need for me to add the stepper motors etc.

I think I'll re-flash the Marlin firmware and re-seat the motors again and see if that makes a difference. I've got some new motors on order to try and swap them out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login