Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel 3 Tri Coulor extruder drive instruction confusion

Posted by slackcub 
Mendel 3 Tri Coulor extruder drive instruction confusion
May 16, 2016 11:58PM
Hello,

I was given the tri-colour upgrade for my Mendel 3 for Christmas. Unfortunately life got in the way, including a move, and I was unable to put it together until now. I was going over the instructions on the website for putting the extruder drives together when I quickly realized I didn't recognize any of the parts. Thinking the wrong kit may have been ordered, I looked at the instructions for all the other kits. The parts I have don't seem to match with any of the instructions I found on reprappro's website.

I have looked around as much as I can and I can't seem to figure out just how these are supposed to go together. I have attached pictures of the parts that I received. Has anyone else seen these that can point me in the right direction? Even if it's to another post (which my searches came up empty on), that would be greatly appreciated.

The photo of one of the sets of parts can be found here:

Regards,
David
Re: Mendel 3 Tri Coulor extruder drive instruction confusion
May 17, 2016 03:18PM
Yes, I don't know what you've got there but it's nothing like the tricolour upgrade I got for my RRP Mendel 3. What I got was basically 2 additional extruders, identical to the original, 2 additional plywood mounts, also identical to the original. 2 extra quick set nozzle assemblies. 1 extra hot end cooling fan and associated nuts, bolts cables, bowden tubing etc.
May 28, 2016 08:31PM
What you have there is a extruder from a RRP FIsher 1, you should find build instructions for it within the Fisher Build instructions. it should work fine, but you may need to reconfigure the Steps per mm factor in the config.G file

Really have no idea what the piece of wood is,it could be that RRP planned on upgrading the original Mendel kit with the newer Fisher extruder, and the wood is part of the

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
May 29, 2016 08:03PM
That's totally it. Thank you so much!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login