Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

prusa i3 x extruder max temperature error

Posted by printjunkie 
prusa i3 x extruder max temperature error
June 14, 2016 03:07PM
Hello everyone. I bought a Prusa i3x and after building it, I started on the long process of trouble shooting. I had a max temp hot bed error and found out that the wires were touching. After I pulled them apart, it fixed the error. My x-axis motor was going the wrong way so I followed the instructions and set the code from true to false. After I uploaded it, the LCD screen showed two lines across the screen and the extruder has a max temp error. I went into the coding and fixed the LCD screen but I cant figure out the extruder. On the LCD screen it says that the extruder is 500/0 degrees. I wiggled the thermistor out of the extruder head but finding nothing, I put it back in. I don't know if it is somewhere in the coding or if there is something wrong with the board itself. If you need more information, I will try to answer to the best of my ability. I think (hope) that this is the last thing in the way of an operational printer. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Re: prusa i3 x extruder max temperature error
August 01, 2016 05:50AM
Hi printjunkie,
500/0 degrees means currently 500 degrees, target =0 (not set).
Is this centigrade or Fahrenheit?
I assume the last one, otherwise you should have a MAXTEMP error.

Can you set the target extruder temp via the lcd? or does it return to zero again?

regards,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login