Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jigging Distance J3 on spreadsheet

Posted by m100 
Jigging Distance J3 on spreadsheet
December 07, 2010 01:06PM
Jigging dimension J3 on the spreadsheet at http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/3/3e/Mendel-m4-assembly-data-sheet.odsindicates it should be 157mm measured between the inner edges of the Y axis bars.

If I set this distance on the frame then the M8 nuts are very close together next to the feet, as per the isometric CAD views and the outer mounting holes in the y bearing plastics for fitting the y chassis end up being on circa 217mm centres when looking from the front and measuring left to right centre to centre in the outer mounting holes.

However, it would appear that the Y chassis, manufactured as per the cad file at http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/3/38/Y-chassis.par.dxf has centres at 187mm.

To enable mounting of the Y axis plate I think that J3 ought to be specified as 127mm rather than 157mm.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Martin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 01:08PM by m100.
Re: Jigging Distance J3 on spreadsheet
December 07, 2010 02:05PM
Actually I found the J3 jigged distance to be too short. With the outer bars set by J2 and the three nuts each side as spacing it gave the correct distance to match the bearings, which is what the 3D model shows. I did make the frog from the 3D model though, not the DXF, so maybe they are not the same.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
December 07, 2010 04:50PM
I just realised my mistake. The holes on the L shaped outriggers on the y axis bearing carriers are for the bed and nothing to do with the mounting to the Y chassis.

The four holes slightly inboard of this are for the chassis, when set to 157mm between the Y axis bars it then gives me the 187mm hole centres for mounting the Y chassis.

It'd be a lot easier if I had all the bits to hand rather than try and build some bits ahead of time!
December 09, 2010 05:00PM
I remember that feeling! smiling smiley In my case, I used that desire to build something as an extra motivation to finish printing the parts needed for that assembly.

--Jeff Keegan (Just Another RepRap blog)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login