Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware Updating

Posted by morris4019 
Firmware Updating
June 28, 2016 01:30AM
I recently purchased my first 3d Printer and have been using it for about a week now. I'm constantly reading forums because i want to learn as much as i can, and one of the top things that pertains to me at the moment is bed leveling. I am still learning how to properly level the bed and thus I thought upgrading to an auto leveling bed would be a huge help. While looking through the forums I see folks calling out firmware updates-but that leaves me with one question... what firmware do i have? I'm having difficulty figuring out how to definitively find the firmware type/version that i have on the machine. The closest thing I see, every time i turn it on, is "Mendel Ready" at the bottom of the screen-so i assume i'm in the right place to ask (hopefully).

I am wondering if anyone has any insight in to how i can determine this-before planning out the required steps for updating to auto bed leveling. I have purchased it from Amazon, at the link below. It's the black acrylic HICTOP Prusa i3 mk8 with filament monitor.

[www.amazon.com]

Cheers!

HICTOP Prusa i3
Re: Firmware Updating
July 06, 2016 04:03PM
no one knows how i can check my firmware?
August 01, 2016 06:22AM
try M503.
It will list your config.
Maybe / probably the version is in...
November 02, 2016 11:42PM
Hey Morris,
You're setup looks alot like mine, 24v, leadscrews, same motherboard. Welcome to my plight,
[forums.reprap.org]
I'm not sure if any one has got the hictop configuration.h files from hictop. Read [forums.reprap.org]
You're going to have to get Arduino IDE, Download marlin edit the configuration.h file. On your hictop go to >control >motion>all the way to the bottom of the settings, you'll see some x y z, e steps per mm.
November 02, 2016 11:57PM
And watch this:
[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login