Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help, random stopping of prints! (i3)

Posted by DtotheG 
Need help, random stopping of prints! (i3)
July 13, 2016 02:45PM
I had completed about 50 hours of printing before encountering this ‘Jam’. Very weird that it’s popped up out of the blue like this, but I can’t seem to shake it and hope you guys might be able to provide some insight.

Not sure if it’s related, but after the first incidence of the jam, the mk2b heatbed could not reach temperatures higher than say 70 degrees C, even after multiple PID autotune attempts. I ended up replacing it to help troubleshoot the issue. I’m wondering if maybe the first jam caused the hotend to plunge or something and crack (non-visibly) the heatbed pcb or something. Still don’t know.

Anyways, the problem that remains is a jamming issue. Every print now encounters this and sending the same job twice will not yield a jam at the same exact spot. I have used multiple slicing programs gcode processing programs to eliminate that potential error but still get the same result regardless. I had also thought that it might be related to my printer running via usb to a windows 10 computer, however the fact that previous prints (50hrs) were working, on top of me not able to resume the print once 'jammed' through the pronterface or simplify3d interface leads to me believe this might be a hardware issue. The g-code processing and data feed does not provide any information when it hits the jam, no error codes or anything, from the computer’s perspective it believes the job is still printing. Any chance any of you have encountered this before or suggestions in working this thing out?

Video of the jam. [youtu.be]
The sound is important as this is the one thing that is consistent every time.

SPECS:
GT2 Belt driven X and Y axis
e3d v6 Hot end
Mk2b Heated Bed
NEMA17 Stepper motors with 60oz in torque
Arduino MEGA 2560 with RAMPS 1.4 and A4988 stepper drivers
400 Watt 12v power supply
Mechanical endstops with LED

Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2016 02:47PM by DtotheG.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login