Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resurrecting my old Prusa Mendel Iteration 2.

Posted by tribesindustries 
Resurrecting my old Prusa Mendel Iteration 2.
December 26, 2016 09:59PM
HI Thanks for reading my post.

After many years I've decide to resurrect my reprap and have slowly gotten parts of it moving again. However I'm having some issue with the axis movments.

Here's the history,

My reprap previously ran a Sanguino with Sprinter. However over time it destroyed the bed traces and eventually one of the chips burnt out. As such I'm now replacing it with Ramps and Marlin firmware.

After much work I have the X and Y axis working however now the z axis only moves in symetric amounts i.e if it moves 10mm down it can move 10mm up. But the down movement must come first.

It also ignores the endstop switch (mechanical) and won't HOME. The switch is definitely working as I've issued a M119 command in pronterface.

Also my extruder only works in 1 direction no matter whether i hit extrude or reverse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2016 10:16PM by tribesindustries.
Re: Resurrecting my old Prusa Mendel Iteration 2.
December 26, 2016 10:20PM
With ramps make sure your endstops are plugged into the correct place. There are different positions for max and min positions.

Check you end stops setting are set to home to minimum in firmware for Z
Ie #define Z_HOME_DIR -1

And check direction of movement Z+ should move the head up and Z- should move the head down.

What does m119 say when no endstops are hit and when the Z endstop is hit (the entire line please)
Re: Resurrecting my old Prusa Mendel Iteration 2.
December 27, 2016 12:35AM
HI Dust,
Thanks for your help.

I've swapper the stepper plug on the shield and it now works fine. I also had to change the homing speed in Marlin so the motors would turn correctly.

Now just the extruder to sort out and calibrate the whole thing!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login