Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel build started

Posted by shek 
Prusa Mendel build started
February 13, 2011 01:55PM
Hello all

A huge thanks to all of you who have gone before me and made this device possible in it's current state! I'm hopeful to someday contribute back to the project.

I started my build this past week after buying my printed parts off ebay. I've never seen printed parts in person before and I suspect that the parts that I bought were of average quality. Included were some PLA bushings however the print quality of them is terrible. (see attached, sorry for the poor image quality) They look as if they were printed in PLA using the same temp as the ABS and just melted onto the print bed. I'm going to have to find a source to replace them.

Also I have scoured the BOMs and assembly guides and can't seem to find any suggestions for what glue to use for the printed bearings. I did find an out of context reference while googling it about model airplane cement (since it is a solvent) but I would like some confirmation before I try it.

I haven't ordered any electronics or hot end parts yet as I haven't spent enough time researching the options.

-Shawn
Anonymous
Re: Prusa Mendel build started
February 13, 2011 10:40PM
Leave negative feedback and see what action you can take through paypal or your credit card. Then cut your loses and move on...
February 13, 2011 10:44PM
That's a good idea in theory, in practice I'd contact the seller and give them a chance to fix it replace them first...

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
February 13, 2011 11:15PM
You might still be able to print with those bad PLA bushings based on this video by prusajr. Then you can print better bushings once you're printer is working. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login