Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap Prusa i3 Introduction

Posted by bwprice100 
Reprap Prusa i3 Introduction
February 17, 2017 11:59AM
Hi

Just a short introduction.

I have bought one of these from ebay, "2016 Upgraded Full Quality High Precision Reprap Prusa i3 DIY 3d Printer"

I'm having problems getting the filament motor to run at the moment, although everything else works. I have done some fault finding and it looks like there is a fault on the ain board and I am awaiting a replacement from the supplier.

Here is a video
[goo.gl]

Thanks Brian
Re: Reprap Prusa i3 Introduction
February 17, 2017 04:11PM
It looks from the video , you aree trying to move the extruder while the hot end is still cold.
The firmware will not let the extruder motor run unless the hot end is heated to about 175 degrees 1st or you enable cold extrusion
February 20, 2017 09:48AM
obewan
It looks from the video , you aree trying to move the extruder while the hot end is still cold.
The firmware will not let the extruder motor run unless the hot end is heated to about 175 degrees 1st or you enable cold extrusion

Hi

I did try printing when everything was up too temp and it still wouldn't move but i will try what you reccomend.

Thanks Brian
February 21, 2017 08:15AM
Can you preheat to pla temps and show us what happens when you try to extrude, with sound so we can hear any funny noises smiling smiley
March 11, 2017 07:33AM
Your posts are so informative. Thank you a lot.

WordPress Catalog - WordPress Slider
December 05, 2017 12:14PM
have you plug it in the right place? also when i first got one of these i stripped all the extruder apart and sometimes so i was told they get stuck on first install
failing that take the stepper off and plug it in the Z or Y axis see if the motor responds just to check if the motor is ok
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login