Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inductive sensor on Prusa i3 for bed levelling

Posted by terryd 
Inductive sensor on Prusa i3 for bed levelling
March 07, 2017 03:31AM
Hi,
I intend to install an inductive sensor on my Home built Prisa i3 for bed 'levelling'. I have an LJ18A3-8-Z/BX 8mm sensor which is an npn type. I saw Tom's guide to bed tramming on YouTube with an inductive sensor and built a Voltage divider according to his instructions to reduce the signal Voltage to less than 12V. He shows the switch operating when near metal and visa versa Mine seems to work in the opposite way.

As I am relatively dense when it comes to electronics I 'm not sure what's happening with my sensor. Before adding the Voltage divider I put in 12V across blue and brown input and get a 12V signal on the black signal line when I hold the sensor near metal and 0V when the metal is removed. When I add the Voltage divider as Tom did (double checked and resistors measured with multimeter to test) I get 3.6V signal on black when not near metal and 0V when I put sensor near metal.

What have I done wrong? Can I use this as a normally closed (nc) switch for bed levelling/tramming?
Re: Inductive sensor on Prusa i3 for bed levelling
March 09, 2017 02:39AM
Problem solved. This seems a very poor forum when a topic gets no response in several days, thanks guys.
Re: Inductive sensor on Prusa i3 for bed levelling
March 11, 2017 07:32AM
Hi guys. I am a new member to this forum. Nice to meet you all here.

WordPress Catalog - WordPress Slider
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login