Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comparison between Techzone Monolithic and Gen6 all in 1 boards?

Posted by Idaholion 
Comparison between Techzone Monolithic and Gen6 all in 1 boards?
March 01, 2011 06:21PM
Has anyone done a comparison between the Techzone Monolithic and the Gen 6 all in one boards? I am working the bugs out of my Mendel, am definately interested in an all in 1 solution (I know there are other options as well, need something geared for a semi-nooby) I also know that there are drawbacks (you fry a board, you fry all your electronics.) I know there have been various discussions out there about electronics, am winding my way through the forums, some are Waaaay out of my depth, some are old enough not to be applicable any more for new purchases.
Anyone had experience with both these systems?
Re: Comparison between Techzone Monolithic and Gen6 all in 1 boards?
March 02, 2011 12:27AM
AFAIK, The Techzone Monolithic board is simply their version of the Gen 6 boards, and so should probably operate in a similar way, although i'm not sure how the Gen6 handles the tip - TZ has a tip conversion Does that answer your question?
Re: Comparison between Techzone Monolithic and Gen6 all in 1 boards?
March 02, 2011 01:01AM
I think the techzone monolithic is like the gen 3 remix in that it uses half-stepping controllers as opposed to the Gen 6 boards which uses microstepping modes: either 1/8 for the Mendel Parts or 1/16 for the RAMPS and other A4983 chip based controllers.

In this regard, the gen 3 remix might be an advantage since you can replace the stepper controllers (axes and extruder) with one that uses the A4983 carriers from Pololu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login