Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mendel help

Posted by morrist 
mendel help
March 12, 2011 08:16PM
Hey,

i built a mendel about 7 weeks ago and had to go back to college, without finishing it. i am back now for spring break and would like to get it to run. First off, a little background info,
I am using techzone electronics with repsnapper.
here are the issues i have, i keep getting an echo command inside of the environment. they are m105 and g92, what do these mean? also, when i hit home in repsnapper, the x axis jogs about halfway away from home, then goes home. any reason it doesn't realize it is home and stay there? also, i cannot get the extruder motor to run. Thanks for taking the time to read this and help,

Morrist
Re: mendel help
March 12, 2011 08:23PM
Hi Morrist

M105 is a request for the temperature
G92 sets the current position to whatever parameters follow, so I guess a G92 without parameters would set the current position as home.

That may be why it jogs half way accross and then returns hom - not sure though.

See here for more about gcodes
March 12, 2011 08:32PM
G92 is used a lot to zero the extruder position: G92 E0.
Try typing M113 S1 from the print tab to set the extruder motor PWM to maximum and try running your extruder again. Perhaps your pot setting is too low. If this works, you can enter this in your start gcode tab.
March 12, 2011 09:13PM
So, just tried to check some of the endstops,

when i home y or z axis, they only move a small increment towards home. also, the y axis motor seems to have switched polarity by itself and sent the y stage crashing into the frame. the stepper is also still twitching on the extruder. seems like there is soo many problems sad smiley
March 12, 2011 09:20PM
tried the g code commands, didnt seem to change anything. does anybody have working techzone electronics?
March 12, 2011 10:50PM
I have the Techzone Gen 3 Remix on my Mendel.

You probably need to switch the wires around on your Y-axis motor as explained in the wiki [reprap.org] and here.

Also, are your opto endstops properly wired and functional? If you wire it wrong once, then it's probably broken by now since the + and - power supply leads get switched around.

If your extruder motor is twitching but not turning, it might be because it doesn't have enough power. Did you click the send button after typing the M113 S1.0 command? Also, did you try running the extruder motor without a load? You can either remove the driven gear, filament, or the hot end from the extruder. Also, double check that you wired the RS485 wires between the motherboard and extruder controller board. Maybe they're switched around.
March 17, 2011 11:41PM
so extruder controller was burned up. got a new one, still cannot for the life of me get it to run. tried the g and m codes stated before, nothing has worked.
March 19, 2011 12:57AM
if someone with techzone gen 3 electronics, could take a picture of their wiring that would be great. im interested in wiring to and from the extruder controller, and from the endstops to the stepper controller. thank you

Morrist
March 19, 2011 11:16AM
There are links to instructions and pictures for the Techzone electronics in the link that I posted.
March 20, 2011 12:29AM
these are the photo's i have been using, but still cannot get it to work. neither of the articles explain in great depth how anything is assembled.
like this part
"Note you MUST be able to upload firmware or you will be stuck! the firmware is where the software and settings ___bla___bla gone cross eyed... need break...."

just need some pictures to show one completely wired and working. tomorrow i go back to school, so this will have to wait another 8 weeks till im out again. tomorrow is my last day to get it working

Morrist
March 20, 2011 12:41AM
How about this wiki? It shows the wiring diagram between the Gen 3 boards. The Techzone remix is wired in the same way.

Here's the picture showing the wiring between the motherboard and extruder controller.

Here's a picture of the stepper controller with the 3-wire ribbon cable for the endstop connected at the right side. And here's a picture of the other end connected to the opto endstop.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2011 12:52AM by brnrd.
March 20, 2011 11:59AM
i have everything wired identical to these, only my x axis is functioning properly. the extruder to mother board is wired the same way, still will not extrude. even after the commands were inputted( that were suggested on here earlier). thanks for the pictures though

morrist
March 21, 2011 10:24AM
After a recent disassembly I recall some trouble with a hot end that wouldn't get hot. Eventually I found that the tiny metal spade clamps in the molex connector were being forced out of the connector when I pushed it onto the PCB. It was easy to miss given that removing the molex connector allowed the wires to descend back to where they should be. It's unlikely, but perhaps you have a similar problem with you extruder's molex connector.

Woodsmoke
r:-8
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login