Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Herring bone extruder + Open X Axis

Posted by Cain 
Herring bone extruder + Open X Axis
April 28, 2011 12:32PM
Hello all, I'm trying to get my first mendel working and I'm running into some problems attaching the herring bone gear extruder to open x axis. I know it's possible as it has been done on Etherdais Unit one/Unit Zero (http://reprap.org/wiki/Etherdais_Unit_One), but as far as I can tell the only way to mount this extruder is sideways, yet his pictures do not show that.

Also, I don't see the base in his pictures. Could somebody help me out here?

EDIT: Nevermind. Reading comprehension, I need it. "Herringbone Extruder Gear on an otherwise unaltered Wade's Extruder ". I guess I need to print a wade's extruder body and just use the herring bone gears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 12:41PM by Cain.
Re: Herring bone extruder + Open X Axis
April 28, 2011 11:35PM
Hey, where you at? An extra extruder body, I has it. smiling smiley If you need one, I can post it cheaply, just let me know.

Wade
April 29, 2011 05:59PM
Hey, part of the Unit one/Unit Zero build team here. After staring at those two pieces for half an hour, we eventually figured out that if you put a few washers between the carriage and the extruder body, everything should be able to clear nicely.
May 01, 2011 08:57PM
Wade: Thanks for the offer, but I actually already have one

Nix: Thanks, I'll try that when I go back to work on it. Very nicely done, I'm going to try to model my Mendel after Unit one. Beautiful machine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login