Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to recycle a ReprRapPro MENDEL

Posted by Jef_Lord 
How to recycle a ReprRapPro MENDEL
March 18, 2019 09:27AM
Hello All,

I bought a RepRapPro Tricolor Mendel v2 some years ago. I well used for 2 years until having issues with it. After that I bought an UM2 and then forgot my mendel while a certain time.

Today I'd like to do something with this machine. I have some vitamins in stock as screws and M8 stings. I'd like to get your experiences with this machine or similars in recycling or upgrading.

What do you think about ? What would be a good printer to rebuild with this old machine parts?

Thanks

Reprappro Tricolour Mendel / Alpes-Maritimes [06] (FRANCE) - 06530 PEYMEINADE
Re: How to recycle a ReprRapPro MENDEL
March 18, 2019 12:42PM
March 19, 2019 05:45AM
Thanks, I started to have a look on it. It's a pity this project seems not to progress a lot and looks too close to a mendel for me.

I'd rather like starting with a studier frame for this project (metal, plexy or mdf). I started to make designs with improvements reusing a maximum of old parts (mechanic, elecrtonic), but totally squeezing printed parts.

I already started to modify Marlin to match a first design.

If you have other suggestions they are welcome, I'll try on my side to create a new project if I can't find anything satisfactory.

July 06, 2019 01:25PM
my first mendel was a rpp mendel and since them i 've built three of them. some of them ( 2nd and the 1st rpp ) did served me well but i dont own them any more. I am builting a 4th of them which was started on 2018 but left unfinished due to other projects. . Now i am rebuilting it i expect to be able to print easily at more than 100mm/sec. keep in mind i am printing only ABS, which it needs to be slow if you dont have a chamber.

it is a nice machine and easy to upgrade to moddyfied and it is a original reprap as it can really produce itself... i don't know what board does this mendel of urs has but if it isn't duet this is one easy upgrade you can do...

some photos of my last ( 4th ) one .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2019 01:31PM by Gaou.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
July 18, 2019 12:56AM
I put the first Mendel I built in a Lack-style enclosure and use it for my ABS prints. I just finished an overhaul of its extruder, worked around a blown mosfet, rewired it, re-squared and tightened the frame, and set up OctoPrint control/monitoring. It may be worth doing similar, simply rebuilding it and dedicating it to specific prints/materials or making it part of a larger enclosure build.
August 01, 2019 08:49AM
Thanks for the answers. I started a while ago the Ikea Lack-style enclosure too but never finished spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Finally the best thing to do with this old machine is maybe to improve it.

Hurry the Reprap world smiling bouncing smiley and opensource machines

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login