Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap Sinuhed

Posted by zemciko 
Reprap Sinuhed
July 18, 2012 07:18AM
Hi all.
Since last vacations im building new bigger and more rigid reprap. Now i have complete mechanics and trying to redesign heated bed. I have chosen name Sinuhed, becose of shape of printer (it looks like pyramid). Main parts are ABS plastics and threaded rods like on original mendel.
Just now im trying to upload step files of complete 3d model. (its 72MB big and upload does not looks working..)

U can find first info page on http://reprap.org/wiki/Sinuhed

and contact me on zemciko@email.cz
Re: Reprap Sinuhed
July 19, 2012 06:38AM
Pretty complex, isn't it? smiling smiley

Going closer to the pyramidal form is an excellent idea.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 22, 2012 10:11AM
Construction was not too different against my older mendel, just little bit more expensive (but it look realy more impressive on table) :0) The only problem for me now is to make bigger heated table and repair nonworking pololu replacements on ramps 1.3. Everything else works nice.
July 29, 2012 07:00AM
Prototype is now complete. I have used prusa pcb for heated bed (print area is 200*200*210 for now) before i get bigger one. Results are promissing, much better then on mendel.
July 29, 2012 09:58PM
zemciko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Prototype is now complete. I have used prusa pcb
> for heated bed (print area is 200*200*210 for now)
> before i get bigger one. Results are promissing,
> much better then on mendel.

On my Mendel Max I am using 10 aluminum-clad power resistors at 5Ohms each, all in parallel. At 12V this gives almost 300W of heating power. My bed is approximately twice the area of a standard Prusa heated bed, so the power difference per square inch is only about 1.5x. It works well, though I was originally using 10W resistors of which several burned out, so I moved to using 25W resistors. I am able to heat to 75*C in under four minutes.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
July 31, 2012 10:19AM
I do not think u realy need 25w resistors. I have burned several resistors too, but it look like all of them were "metalic" versions. If i use "wired" ones they can survive even 270°C.
Now i have 2 versions of heat table to build, aluminium 4mm plate with 20resistors or fr4 pcb. I would like to preffer aluminium plate, but mine was laser machined and its deformed becose of residual stress....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2012 04:01AM by zemciko.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login