Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

golemB - printable chassis printer

Posted by yru 
yru
golemB - printable chassis printer
October 08, 2012 06:02PM
greetings from Poland

an old forgoten technique where masonry meets CNC = hi speed and accel, low cost

[www.reprap.org]

currently working (openSCADing mold parts) on C revision with dual extruder, will be properly documented and released
Re: golemB - printable chassis printer
October 09, 2012 05:38AM
Perhaps a bit too heavy, but I quite like the idea with a casted chassis. Looks like Mendel owners talking about wobbling just make you smile.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

yru
October 09, 2012 06:05PM
doesn't weight more then my old laser printer smiling smiley about 15 kg (below 30 pounds).

this one is casted, but it could be printed with concrete for example.
such printers exist already. I have to build one too!

well, I do have a wobbly isue... the whole table is moving! had to decrese speed and acceleration, need more sturdy furniture.
February 12, 2013 02:23AM
Do you have anymore information about the printhead?

2. very cheap, ultra short nozzle. the brass heated part is only 20mm long before ceramics insulator takes over and theoretically gradient from 240 to 80 degrees centigrade spans over just 15mm (still need to take some exact measurements, maybe put additional measuring point permanently, doing "extruder chassis overheat" by the way). the ceramic insulator is a standard, mass produced part. Machined nozzle could theoretically be made by hand with some skill and patience to minimize cost, though I do encourage to buy one from me smiling smiley
yru
August 25, 2013 01:07PM
sorry, missed that one. but hey -> few versions later: [www.reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login