Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cyrus 3D printer

Posted by Sasan 
Cyrus 3D printer
April 21, 2013 09:48AM
Hi Guys,

Some might know about it, and some might not. I've been working some time on my repstrap and I thought I would share it with the rest of the community smiling smiley, the files are available at:
[www.thingiverse.com]

It works like a Hbelt config where the XY movements are regulated simultaneously where the printhead is mounted. the Z axis moves the hearted platform.

I've made the frame out of makerbeams and the connection bits are all plastic printed.

I can go on and on about it, but a picture says more smiling smiley

p.s. My thanks to the reprap community for without it I wouldn't be able to create this, although I have to give some credit to good old red bull as well winking smiley.

And if you like the design, please click on the like button on thingiverse thanks! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 09:51AM by Sasan.
Attachments:
open | download - shot_800x600.jpg (28.7 KB)
open | download - 2013-03-08_19.25.13_preview_featured.jpg (113.6 KB)
Re: Cyrus 3D printer
April 22, 2013 03:07PM
PLease post a good pic of vertical wall solid detail to see the quality of layers and corners
Re: Cyrus 3D printer
May 05, 2013 04:15PM
This printer is currently a project on Kickstarter...

I pledged for its cause, because I like stable bed printer (only Z movement) , which in my mind helps with fine detail printing, especially with softer materials (like nylon)... It is also a project taking "best" from reprap community and existing kickstarter 3d related projects...

I like it also because it is a great value - for 550gbp you have DUAL EXTRUDER, HEATED BED, LCD ... And it is made in EU smiling smiley It is similar to other HQ printers like Tantilus or new and expensive german reprap team's X400...

Cyrus printer has only 4 days left to reach the goal! I hope anyone else supports it!
[www.kickstarter.com]

If it goes through, this will be my second printer (after Mendel90)!
Lets support it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login