Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

looking to build one of these after I finish my UAV

Posted by baslisks 
looking to build one of these after I finish my UAV
May 14, 2012 02:36AM
Already mess around with a repstrap and have that printing fine but I have been looking at doing more complex models and I want to try doing some SLS stuff. Been poking around but haven't found much on the topic of someone building one nor supplying the plastic. Anyone built one here?
Re: looking to build one of these after I finish my UAV
May 14, 2012 02:48AM
My current idea is to make a container that pushes up while I take a laser and sinter the plastic. after that layer is done move it up some . of an mm. distribute powder and repeat. I can build the xy part easy and probably the z. stuck on the plastic supply and the distribution of the plastic so that it is uniform.
VDX
May 14, 2012 03:17AM
... search for 'candyfab' with 'all dates' set:[forums.reprap.org]

Or here an external link: [boingboing.net]

When replacing the hot air gun by a laser and the shugar by plastic powder, you'll have it ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2012 03:18AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 14, 2012 03:54AM
do you know if they have better build logs on the .org rather than the wiki. Not turning much data up on their powder distribution.
VDX
May 14, 2012 04:55AM
... dunno - the old blogs have vanished confused smiley

As I'm on SLS too (but heavy delayed, as other projects were more urgent), you can have some hints/tips from me too.

I have the guts from an old SLA-printer, where the resin-vat has a fine Z-axis and a slider, but for powder levering I'll replace the external Z-axis by two (or three) smaller ones, so the slider can push powder from the outer reservoir(s) to the inner building area.

For lasers - do you have a CO2-laser? ... best for plastics.

I'm more on ceramics and metals, so using NIR-lasers: a 50Watts fiber-laser @1070nm wavelength and IR-diodelasers with 5, 9 and 25Watts@975nm - here some infos to the diodelasers: [objects.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login