Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Powder recipes

Posted by ksmith5135 
Powder recipes
April 19, 2010 02:08PM
I have gathered together a number of recipes for mixing up your own printing powders and put them in a Word document. None of this is my own work. Most of it comes from the group at Open3dP at the University of Washington but there are a couple from other sources.

I put this together just to have it all in one place. I hate roaming the web looking for an article that I have forgotten to bookmark. Although most of the information comes from a single site at the moment I expect that to change as more hobbyists experiment with their machines. I offer this document here for anyone who might find it useful.

Much credit goes to Mark Ganter at the U of W for reading the draft of this document and advising me on the best way to provide credit and copyright where required.

Kevin

Always use the right tool for the job, and the right tool for every job is a hammer.
Note - the above is not true but some days it feels like it's true.

[kevins3dprinter.blogspot.com]
Re: Powder recipes
April 20, 2010 12:15PM
Interesting. Would you like to copy the recipes into a bunch of wiki pages as well?

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 20, 2010 05:30PM
Sure, but I would probably leave out the copyrighted pictures.

I must admit however that I really don't know where to start. I have no idea how to create a wiki page.

There, my technical ignorance is exposed to all the world! Mock me as you will!

Kevin

Always use the right tool for the job, and the right tool for every job is a hammer.
Note - the above is not true but some days it feels like it's true.

[kevins3dprinter.blogspot.com]
April 20, 2010 09:24PM
I must admit however that I really don't know where to start. I have no idea how to create a wiki page.

I'd suggest using this page as a template:
[reprap.org]
and appending
[[Categorytongue sticking out smileyowder Recipe]]
and
[[Category:Materials]]
to the bottom of each page. (That is supposed be "Powder Recipe" above, but the smiley-izer in this forum software is feeling overzealous.)

Sure, but I would probably leave out the copyrighted pictures.
Makes sense. Use your judgment, Mark Ganter is quite happy if we mirror his community's work as long as we include a link back to the original recipe from our mirrored page and credit the developer. (via email)

I think he considers the photos to be part of the recipe and to inherit the license/copyleft of the recipe.

There, my technical ignorance is exposed to all the world! Mock me as you will!

I'll be gentle. I still need to finish building my ... Darwin, after all. I think it is a Darwin. grinning smiley

Thank you for having a go at this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 09:45PM by SebastienBailard.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
May 22, 2010 09:55PM
Will a powdered plastic resin work for this? If so, water is all that would to be fed from the inkjet, or bubblejet heads which appears from other member testing to be pretty easy.

Here is a product I found at a local hardware store:
[www.idealtruevalue.com]

And a little more info on these products:
[www.woodweb.com]

Thoughts? I plan on picking this up tomorrow and filling my cartridges with water for a go round.
June 16, 2010 10:20PM
This is an interesting idea but it seems a bit pricey at $6.34/lb. You wouldn't want to build anything very large with it. Filling a bin large enough for an 8.5 x 11 in. print area would be very expensive.

On the other hand, perhaps we could figure out the components and create a recipe for mixing the powder ourselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login