Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Powderbed Machine

Posted by johnrpm 
Re: Powderbed Machine
August 09, 2011 12:15AM
I was just looking at this, having an idea for a powder printer when I noticed that there was no file for the recoater, but it was mentioned above.

I was working with some sodium silicate for a mold, using blasts of CO2 to harden it, when a thought hit me that using sodium silicate as a liquid, applying it to the surface of a sand based powder and then hitting that with a tiny bit of CO2 to harden it in place could allow for an automated, if not fast, method for my molds. So, hit here to look into it. My concern is the recoater, to get a flat layer.
August 09, 2011 01:25AM
I spent most of last year developing a system for work based on sand and sodium silicate, but I am not allowed to talk about it,
a system exists, prometal i think its called, that builds sand moulds, something called duran or thuran is an alternative to SS,
also this is interesting [www.lights.ro], have you looked at
[reprap.org]

Random Precision
August 09, 2011 09:35AM
johnrpm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> have
> you looked at
> [reprap.org]

Well, that is the unit I was referring to, so yes. The mention of the recoater is above, but the file for making it is not on the wiki page.
August 10, 2011 01:15AM
Until I get some time to add to the wiki look here, it may help, [www.freeformz.co.uk]

Random Precision
October 19, 2011 09:33PM
Hi there new to this form
but it seem you have what im looking for smiling bouncing smiley or kinda
im looking for a bit of software that will take a step file (or any cad format) and slice it over and over returning each slice as a JPG and send them to a standard printer to print over and over again
any help would be greatly appreciated regards Ross Jacobs
October 20, 2011 02:08AM
I know Skeinforge can output to SVG files.
But there is another slicer that I think does this already, I know one RepRapper did a lot of work on making prostethic arms and worked on using a minimum of plastic and how to do small holes.
He would edit graphic files of each level so his slicer must output them in some format.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
VDX
October 20, 2011 03:56AM
... inkscape for example can convert/export SVG's to any format and you can run it in batch-mode ... see the egg-bot software for more infos ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login