Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DIY Powder Bed Printer for Sale

Posted by derletztename 
DIY Powder Bed Printer for Sale
August 24, 2018 04:33AM
Years ago I wanted to develop a powder based metal printer and build a plattform for the laser head development. Then I did my master thesis at the Fraunhofer institute for laser technics and experienced a bad accident with metal powders. Therefore I ended my intentions with powder based metal printing and turned to wire printing.

Nevertheless the development base, I've build, is finished and can be used for other powder based printing experiments/development. As printing head could a laser (SLS/SLM) or a ink jet (3DP) be used.
I had build the focus (https://ytec3d.com/focus/) and everything than the printing head is done and should still be working.

I want to sell this base (getting space is more important than money) to get some room back in my workshop. Anyone interested to get a cheap base for powder based printing?

It is in germany, near Bonn/Cologne, I guess it can be shipped easily. I also have some steel batch (different grain sizes for experimenting) powders I could give away.
I also can pass pictures and documentations (master project documentation) from my early trials. I printed some primitive beam like figures from steel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2018 04:11AM by derletztename.
Re: DIY Powder Bed Printer for Sale
August 28, 2018 12:06PM
I'll add a laser driver prototype with plans how it has been developed. I remember the driver to be very energy efficient...it has been some time since we build it though
VDX
August 28, 2018 01:42PM
Hi Paul,

can you add some pictures? - should rise more interest winking smiley

Depending on your preference - eventually something for our "bartering circle" ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 29, 2018 03:39AM
Is there still life in this forum?
I just want to get some space and I would love to see someone make some use out of my work. So much better than just scraping it.
If one doesn't like to give me money I would accept trading stuff.

I also have added this offer to the sale thread of the forum now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2018 03:41AM by derletztename.
VDX
August 29, 2018 06:33AM
... the sub-forums are mostly "interest-driven", so only temporary active with new and/or interesting posts ... and (twitter-like) goto sleep with lack of news eye rolling smiley

I personall have some interest in the parts ... and even would support you, if you'll restart the project again.

My first tests with "IR-diodes-laser-sintering" were not with metal powders (for the dangers and need of Argon), but with black glass microspheres and brown lignin powder winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

October 17, 2018 05:28AM
Not to detract from the threads topic but what was the nature of your accident?
March 27, 2019 05:35AM
is this still available?
is it working good...?
i am also trying to build a metal 3d printer for my university thesis so the parts could be helpful for me.
VDX
March 27, 2019 06:36AM
... instead of metal powder (problematic for self-ignition while handling) I'm developing an additive "metal-3D-printing" application with fused metal wires - not so fast (comaparable to FDM-printing), but has some other benefits/options too cool smiley

Actually developing different variants with IR-laserdiodes with up to 200 Watts @976nm on a spot of 0.2mm diameter:

- here some pulsing-tests (testing/adjusting the pulse drivers) with 3 microseconds pulses @ "only" 20 Watts ... and 1/1 microseconds-double-pulsing @100 Watts:

[vimeo.com]

[vimeo.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2019 06:41AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login