Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Perimeter Trace After Bottom Layer?

Posted by krunchy 
Perimeter Trace After Bottom Layer?
October 12, 2011 12:52PM
I don't have cool enabled, but for some reason everything I have been producing with Skeinforge for the past few days will trace the perimeter right after the bottom layer is done, but the extruder doesn't move. It doesn't mess anything up - it continues with its normal printing immediately after the lap around the track, and only does it that one time. It does this for everything now and I'm not sure why...

Video showing what I'm talking about..
Re: Perimeter Trace After Bottom Layer?
October 12, 2011 02:15PM
Never seen that before.. Bizzare.

Usually, when SF wanders around without extruding, it's doing it for some temperature-related reason.. Either the Cool module is enabled and the layer is going to take less than the minimum time to complete or you've got Temperature settings that tell it you want different temps for different things and it's wasting the time until it thinks (based on the set cooling/heating rates) it will take to get to the right temperature.

1st guess would be something in Temperature. Try making a note of the cooling/heating rates that are in there now then changing them both to be 100.. If that doesn't solve the problem, change 'em back.

2nd guess would be that the STL is funky and it thinks it's doing support structures but you have the support flow set waaaay too low.

3rd guess would be Cool, but that's just because I have no other guesses.. This doesn't look like it's Cool-related.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 02:16PM by Dave Durant.
Re: Perimeter Trace After Bottom Layer?
October 12, 2011 03:57PM
You nailed it, temperature was activated and it was configured to cool down after the first layer. I vaguely remember doing that (never drink & print I guess).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login