Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating Skeinforge

Posted by grog 
Updating Skeinforge
February 13, 2012 09:32PM
I want to update my Skeinforge. I know where to get the most recent version. But I haven't been able to find how to update it.

I also want to back up my profile and settings, just in case, but I don't see where the file is located. The Skeinforge directory within my Printrun folder doesn't show that any of the Skeinforge files have been update or modified since I installed it.

I haven't been able to figure out what version I'm running right now. The text file says 2011-Nov-08 but the SW itself doesn't say.

Thanks
Re: Updating Skeinforge
February 14, 2012 05:13AM
Where the setting are stored depends on the OS. In your home directory on Linux and in Documents and Settings on Windows I think.

To update it delete the old directory structure, or move it somewhere for safe keeping, and replace it with the new one. The setting are preserved but Enrique tends to rename everything between versions so some may need re-entering.

Yes very strange that the software does not show a version number. Also there are no proper release notes so I go for years without updating mine.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 14, 2012 05:34AM
The Version is now in the Help section at the bottom of the page.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Attachments:
open | download - HelpVersion.png (36.3 KB)
February 15, 2012 09:26PM
My version is 11.11.08. But how do I know how that compares to when people refer to SF45 or such?
February 16, 2012 02:21AM
The filename of the ZIP file that you download from the Skeinforge download page is the SF#.
The newest version 2012-02-10 with filename "49_reprap_python_beanshell.zip" is SF49.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login