Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ReplicatorG 31 / 32 / 33 / 34 ... control panel issues with mendel (reprap5D) driver

Posted by crazytiti 
hi, i test your last fix and the estimating time seems to be good winking smiley
Btw. the accuracy of the estimation depends on your axis maximum feed settings for your machine in your machine.xml file ...
Awesome mindfab! smiling smiley
Both temperature readings now get visualized in the control panel, thanks!

The next prob is that both heaters apply ON/OFF or BANG_BANG control, for the bed this is desired
although I'd like to implement some kind of hysteresis (going 5°C below set temperature before switching ON again)
because now the relay switches multiple times when switching ON/OFF and I don't think the coil from the relay really likes this...
But I think that's firmware stuff, isn't it? And thus a job for Traumflug smiling smiley
I've gone through the entire firmware (Teacup) but nowhere the BANG_BANG is defined,
so I'd think the normal control strategy would then be PID, but practice proves the opposite...
I am up and running with your latest (march 28 2012). I have placed them on my website if anyone wants the compiled version.

I am running RAMPS 1.4 with marlin rc2 firmware.

This is great work you are doing!!!!

Jeff Christiana
I am having customers that are unable to generate Gcode. They are getting divide by zero errors. They are using the exact same copy as me. Can someone download this and see where the issue is coming from. RepG34 works great on my windows vista box with Marlin RC2 firmware. They are running the same. I did compile it on my computer. Very strange. I am going to try it on a brand new machine today to see if I can duplicate it.

Here is the link for my software. Windows.
[thefutureis3d.com]

Thanks

Jeff Christiana
Hi
It's not the fault of replicatorG, it's a bad setting in skeinforge.
I've gone throught the same issue, it's a setting you shouldn't set to 0
in "fill" / "diaphragm period" must be > 0

If you don't want diaphragram at all just set "diaphragm tickness" to 0

If it's not this, please tell your customer to send it's skeinforge profile to be able to reproduce the issue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2012 12:50PM by crazytiti.
I downloaded it myself from my site on a brand new computer and never had any issues. Not sure what they are doing. I checked Diaphragm Period and Diaphragm Thickness They are set at 100 and 0. So that is not the issue. I personally see no issues no mater how many computers I put it on. Windows 32/64 Windows 7, VISTA, XP... i will need to keep working with them to find out why it is failing. For me it is printing excellent.

Jeff

Jeff Christiana
Are you sure that your customer doesn't alter some settings in skeinforge profile ?

I juste dowload your version and test it : it's OK. (i choose the 12-12matic profile)

Can you tell which stl file your customer is trying to slice ?
Hi, I believe I am the customer. It looks like the profile was wrong in two places by default that caused this. I can usually get a slice done now, but still having problems with what comes out of skeinforge printing.

I was trying to slice things like the 20mm-box, gecko, etc from the print me first and calibration tabs.

Thanks,
--Carl
Hi,

pricecw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that caused this. I can usually get a slice done
> now, but still having problems with what comes out
> of skeinforge printing.
>

maybe a calibration issue?
I don't think it is a calibration issue with the printer itself, I can get a gcode from Jeff that prints just fine. There are a lot of times that the gcode is empty (when I press the create gcode in replicatorg) except for a few comments, other times (ie I press go) that I get gcode, but it doesn't seem to want to run the printer (had it stuck not even heating up on the gecko last night, but when I switched to a sliced in slic3r, it started as expected).

The more experience I have with this, the more it appears to be something wrong with the profiles. I am trying to understand everything and get something that works for me, so I can have reliable printing.

--Carl
I was also refering to the skeinforge calibration... Maybe you can try another skeinforge generator (you can select it in the menu) ... You could also try creating a new profile... Normally (if the printer itself is calibrated) it should at least print something out which doesn't look too awefull smiling smiley This way you could try out older skeinforge generators, but newer than 4.0) or also try out the latest without having another profile... However, it sounds a little bit strange that you get empty GCode files (except for the comments)...
If most of your changes are just to the reprap5d driver, you should submit the changes back to makerbot to get them into the "official" distribution. It's understandable that without input the driver would suffer bitrot while MBI are developing but lack the resources (or motivation) to keep the reprap5d driver up to date themselves, but it shouldn't be hard for someone from the reprap community to keep it updated without having to completely fork (and thereby miss out on the other general improvements and fixes that MBI make).
I am working with slic3r for the moment, I want to get back to skeinforge, but have been able to get reliable gcodes from slic3r currently.

Doing that, I have got some decent prints, I did the nickle calibration from thingiverse last night, and it was really good wrt x,y,z dimmensions, so I think the hardware is pretty spot on.

I'm still tweaking a profile for that, have a few issues that I think some more tweeking will fix up, but I am getting there. From that, I can try and understand the skeinforge profile, and see if I can get one working right.

--Carl
Lenbok Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If most of your changes are just to the reprap5d
> driver, you should submit the changes back to
> makerbot to get them into the "official"
> distribution. It's understandable that without
> input the driver would suffer bitrot while MBI are
> developing but lack the resources (or motivation)
> to keep the reprap5d driver up to date themselves,
> but it shouldn't be hard for someone from the
> reprap community to keep it updated without having
> to completely fork (and thereby miss out on the
> other general improvements and fixes that MBI
> make).

In principal you are right... However, as my changes are no longer limited to the RepRap5D driver, I'm not sure if they will integrate it or not... but I'll give it a try. For me, and for the others, the easier and faster way was to work with that fork... The next step is to push back the changes... Anyway, that question will be more interesting when the next RepG release appears.
Well I have egg on my face. I finally got the Divide by Zero error. This happend when I generated a raft. I never build rafts, but i needed to run a part that needed support with a raft. I found out by talking to Robert Fach and he suggested that I remove the 0 value under my speed tab. orbitalFeedRate set the value to .10

This will fix the divide by zero error. I have fixed my profiles on my web site.

Jeff Christiana
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login