Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help with skeinforge!

Posted by Gary Riding 
need help with skeinforge!
February 04, 2011 11:09AM
does anyone know how to reposition a stl file on the reprap build board in skeinforge ? it just when i slice the stl file using skeinforge then load it in rapsnapper it appears to be off the build area , does anyone know how to correct this problem ?
Re: need help with skeinforge!
February 04, 2011 11:25AM
I don't use RepSnapper but if it works like the original RepRap Host software then you will never see it because you can only see loaded STL files, you can then move the objects and generate the gcode but when you load gcode you see nothing.

In Skeinforge you position by using the Multiply module.
For a Makerbot you would set the center at 0,0.
For my Mendel I set the center at 100,100 this means that when I slice an object it will be centered at 100,100.
I then set my start.gcode such that I home x & y and set x and y to zero so 100, 100 is in the middle of my print bed.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: need help with skeinforge!
February 05, 2011 03:25PM
RepSnapper displays the gcode as a tool path in the main window, so you can see where it's going to build even if you just load gcode. However, like rhmorrison said, you need to activate the "Multiply" module in Skeinforge. Set the center X and center Y to whatever the middle of your build platform is, and set number of cells to 1 for rows and columns. You can later set those to bigger numbers to print multiples of an object.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login