Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface can't connect to Mendel

Posted by ksmith5135 
Pronterface can't connect to Mendel
September 22, 2011 01:48PM
I am a noob with a problem.

I have a Mendel that uses the Techzone remix of the gen3 electronics. I have been able to connect using the Arduino IDE and have loaded the firmware on the main board and the extruder board with no problems. When I try to connect using Pronterface I get a message that says "can't connect to port COM3, Access is denied"

I think that this means that Pronterface thinks that the COM port is in use but I don't know what to do about it. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I had previously connected just fine with the Reprap host software on my Linux machine but that laptop has failed so I am trying to get things going on my WinXP desktop box. Reprap host doesn't seem to be happy there and won't run.
Re: Pronterface can't connect to Mendel
September 22, 2011 05:05PM
Did you check the connection speed?
The speed will depend on how you configured the firmware.
October 15, 2011 02:57PM
Silly question. You did close Arduino IDE before you tried Pronterface?

I have a similar problems if I try to access my Prusa from one without closing the other. Sometimes I have to replug my USB to get 2 consecutive runs of Proterface to access the port.
February 08, 2012 03:46AM
A big THANKS geoffd!smiling bouncing smiley

Quite a few people seem to succumb to this connection problem. It's happened to me twice now - the first time 6 months ago, on a different PC, and I wasn't really sure how I got it working first time.

I was running Pronterface + Sprinter with Sanguinololu, now trying Marlin in place of Sprinter; all else the same.

The USB unplug, re-plug with two consecutive runs of Pronterface seemed to do it for me too.

You've just given me the confidence to update my firmware a lot more regularly smiling smiley

Cheers,
Hamish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2012 04:31AM by hairykiwi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login