Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridging Problem

Posted by NitroXpress 
Bridging Problem
August 29, 2013 06:25PM
Hi,

today i found out that skeinforge has a problem with multiple bridges within one layer.
Is there any solution ?

Is there any chance that skeinforge will be further developed ?

Regards

Frank
Re: Bridging Problem
August 29, 2013 08:57PM
I no longer use skeinforge much, but I never had any issues with multiple bridges in one layer either. The only possible I can think of is that skeinforge is not very surgical about determining the bridge extents. If there is a bridge anywhere on the level, the entire level is done as a bridge. This means that if two or more bridges on the same level are in different directions, then at least one of them won't be bridged in the optimal direction. This isn't ideal, and it can cause problems, but it works much of the time.

As far as further development, that's the primary reason I stopped using it. It's been close to a year and a half since it was updated, so for all intents it is dead code. If you want to stay with a skeinforge derivative, you might look into sfact. I think that's still being actively developed.
August 30, 2013 12:23PM
Hi,

thanks for Reply.

What is your favorite Slicer ?

Frank
August 30, 2013 03:27PM
I am currently using slic3r 0.9.10b (I think that's correct - it's the latest version) and in general I'm happy with it. Every once in a while I have an object that slic3r has difficulty with so I try it on skeinforge.

I've never tried cura - just form the screen shots it looked too juvenile-oriented (although that might be harsh since I never actually tried it)

I've tried kisslicer, and it's ok. I don't like the fact that it doesn't integrate well with host software. Also, it's interface is different and I just haven't warmed up to it. Others report success with it, and it had a good review in the reprap magazine, so you might give it a try
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login