Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Porblems loading STL files.

Posted by galkur 
Porblems loading STL files.
February 23, 2013 03:48AM
Dear all.
I am looking for some help here grinning smiley
been printing a few stls without a problem, and from today all the files do not load correctly.
( strangely only the ones that had never been loaded before)

When i click Load, the layer count happens without any problem. the different thing arrives during the next steps, when the coil count is limited to 5, and the rest of the steps do not occur and it generates an additional export.gcode file.

This file when i try to load it has a huge number of layers and it is inprintable.

reface layer count 34 of 35...
Preface layer count 35 of 35...
Preface procedure took 0 seconds.
Coil layer count 1 of 5...
Coil layer count 2 of 5...
Coil layer count 3 of 5...
Coil layer count 4 of 5...
Coil layer count 5 of 5...
Coil procedure took 1 second.
Flow procedure took 0 seconds.
Feed procedure took 0 seconds.
Limit procedure took 0 seconds.
Alteration procedure took 0 seconds.
The exported file is saved as /home/joan/Desktop/cage/New/Charrio pleint_export.gcode
It took 2 seconds to export the file.

thanks for the help
I attach a file as an example.

Best regards
Attachments:
open | download - Moteur.stl (253.4 KB)
Re: Porblems loading STL files.
February 23, 2013 03:56AM
Actually the problem is solved.
The issue was the following, al the files were in a folter inside of another folder.
By putting the files on the descktop witgh only one level was sorted, stupid but true...
Problems loading STL file
September 02, 2013 04:40PM
Hello, I'm new at this and I've been trying to load an STL file I've gotten from thingiverse using Pronterface and Slic3r, but when I do, I am getting an error with only 11-14 layers and no image. I used Autodesk Inventor to re-export the file to STL, without success. I used Netfabb and even Netfabb Cloud to try and clean it up, and added 2 more layers, but I still don't understand why the file seems corrupt.

If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. Files Attached
mark_6_magnet_stand_highrepairedrepaired.stl
mark_6_magnet_stand.stl
mark_6_magnet_stand.ipt
Thanks!
Re: Porblems loading STL files.
September 03, 2013 05:01AM
You should ask your question in Slic3r thread, better chances to get an answer… (didn't see a Pronterface thread).

You two STL files are very very little to be printed… and there at the middle of the bed, don't know how Slic3r manages that, perhaps you only get layers upper than bed…

François
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login