Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bridge feedrate not happening

Posted by Dirty Steve 
bridge feedrate not happening
November 05, 2012 06:17PM
I'm not seeing my gcode change feedrate when bridging with 'infill in direction of bridge' turned off, but it does solid fill over bridge areas.

Turned off infill in direction because skeinforge also thinks overhangs are bridges and will fill those layers solid as well.

Is this a bug?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2012 09:11PM by Dirty Steve.
Re: bridge feedrate not happening
November 06, 2012 02:24AM

I'm not seeing my gcode change feedrate when bridging with 'infill in direction of bridge' turned off, but it does solid fill over bridge areas.

HAve You changed the flowrate for bridges? If it is the same nothing will happen..

Turned off infill in direction because skeinforge also thinks overhangs are bridges and will fill those layers solid as well.

Is this a bug?
No this is not a bug, it is to avoid having too few perimeters when the overhang increase is more than the perimeter width total..
In slic3r that is solved with "generate extra perimeters when needed.."

Manufacturer of low tolerance Filaments PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, TPU, PA, PVA,
[www.miafilament.com]
[github.com]
Re: bridge feedrate not happening
November 06, 2012 09:18AM
Bridge speed ratio of .6, but no feedrate change for bridge areas. Refering to that as a bug, not the overhang layer infill.

It looks to me that solid bridge layer is calculating from the extrusion width, not the total perimeter.

Running a .25 mm nozzle, 0.1 mm layer height, 6 perimeter loops, no overhangs layer to layer that are more than 1mm.

Printing a Wades extruder body with horizontal holes causing alot of solid layers with infill in direction turned on.

Checking effects of Overlap Removal Width value today.

Update: Overlap Removal Width doesn't seem to make a difference for overhang layers getting solid infill.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 11:20AM by Dirty Steve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login