Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange reverse extrusion when just start to print

Posted by guille 
Strange reverse extrusion when just start to print
January 28, 2013 06:23PM
hi, i am facing problems when i use skeinforge. I can build gcode and it looks like OK

When i hit "print", the hot end start to hot up, moving slowly to the start point, and just dropping a bit of filament...

When really comes the moment to start print, the extruder do a "reverse" extrusion (maybe... 3 cm or so) and (usually) push out the filament trough the hobbed bolt....

Host = Repetier
Firm = Repetier0.71

When i work with slicer and print, i have no trouble.

I upload g-code files and the PLA profile i am using on skeinforge.

gCODE

I was looking (i am not an expert) for "stranges lines" on gcode files, to delete the very great retraction that it makes at start point, but i have not found...

Some help?
Thanks!!!
Re: Strange reverse extrusion when just start to print
January 28, 2013 07:57PM
You should add a "G92 E0" to the front of your gcode. This resets the E axis (extruder) back to 0.

The first E axis movement in your file is "G1 E0" but who knows where E is when you start your print. If you've been doing manual extrudes to make sure the extruder is primed, each time you press that button, you advance the E axis. then when you do the G1 E0, it thinks it needs to erewind the E axis. The G92 E0 will prevent this from happening.
Re: Strange reverse extrusion when just start to print
January 29, 2013 02:36AM
If You switch to SFACT it includes a checkbox to add a "reset before extrusion" command.
If You stay with Skeinforge You should add that code (G92 E0) to your start.gcode file
Alternatively just send a manual G92 E0 command before pressing start...

Manufacturer of low tolerance Filaments PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, TPU, PA, PVA,
[www.miafilament.com]
[github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login