Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinforge behavior in chess piece

Posted by itzalak2 
Skeinforge behavior in chess piece
April 03, 2013 11:40AM
Hello,

I would like to ask you if someone has the next problem with skeinforge. When I slice the attached stl, the output code shows a typical seam where each layer starts/ends but there is a part where the start/end point are moved. I have jitter and clip disabled but it happens. I checked it with repetier host and clearly I can see that the problematic layers starts in different point because the first "segment" is divided in 2 smaller segments meanwhile ok layers startswith unique segment (picture2 is layer ok and picture0/picture1 shows the problematic layers) so it looks like the problem is in the gcode generation no?

I will appreciate any info about this issue.
Attachments:
open | download - Picture0.jpg (320.1 KB)
open | download - Picture1.jpg (309.6 KB)
open | download - Picture2.jpg (288.3 KB)
open | download - la foto-4.JPG (295.1 KB)
open | download - queen_sfx.stl (91.5 KB)
Re: Skeinforge behavior in chess piece
April 05, 2013 05:39AM
Ok, I confirmed that my problem is generated in gcode by skeinforge. If you use loop/perimeter/infill the perimeter start/end point is not always in the same vector but if you use perimeter/loop/infill the start/end points are completely aligned in the same vector.
Re: Skeinforge behavior in chess piece
May 20, 2013 10:41PM
It should work in the loop/perimeter/infill mode also, that is how I set it and unless jitter is active, perimeters start at the same alignment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login