Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proposed change to the Cool Plug-in

Posted by kyle 
Proposed change to the Cool Plug-in
April 28, 2013 10:27PM
I use a Replicator 2 and often print on the original acrylic build plate. I've found that I have a lot of success getting my prints to stick to the plate if I wait to enable the down fan until I've put down a few layers. I've made a small change to cool.py that I'd like to contribute to enable users to choose when the fan is turned on. Is there a public repo for making code contributions? If not, I've included the diff below:

161c161,162
< self.turnFanOnAtBeginning = settings.BooleanSetting().getFromValue('Turn Fan On at Beginning', self, True)
---
> self.turnFanOn = settings.BooleanSetting().getFromValue('Turn Fan On', self, True)
> self.turnFanOnAtLayer = settings.IntSpin().getFromValue(0, 'Turn Fan On Before Layer', self, 1000, 0)
332,333d332
< if self.repository.turnFanOnAtBeginning.value:
< self.distanceFeedRate.addLine('M106')
382a382,384
> if self.repository.turnFanOn.value:
> if self.layerCount.layerIndex == self.repository.turnFanOnAtLayer.value:
> self.distanceFeedRate.addLine("M106")
Re: Proposed change to the Cool Plug-in
May 07, 2013 07:46AM
Good question. I was thinking the same: how to contributo to improve skeinforge and how to share the improvement with the community ?

BR
Re: Proposed change to the Cool Plug-in
July 23, 2013 01:40PM
Thanks kyle, it was the occasion for me to learn how to change a little Skeinforge… !

I used, and adapted your changes to also get Cool/Fan Speed. And at the end, fan is turned off with M106 S0 (M107 is deprecated). Here my diff :

161c161,163
< 		self.turnFanOnAtBeginning = settings.BooleanSetting().getFromValue('Turn Fan On at Beginning', self, True)
---
> 		self.turnFanOn = settings.BooleanSetting().getFromValue('Turn Fan On', self, True)
> 		self.turnFanOnAtLayer = settings.IntSpin().getFromValue(0, 'Turn Fan On Before Layer', self, 1000, 0) 
> 		self.fanSpeed = settings.IntSpin().getFromValue(0, 'Fan Speed (0-255)', self, 1000, 0) 
269c271
< 			self.distanceFeedRate.addLine('M107')
---
> 			self.distanceFeedRate.addLine('M106 S0')
332,333d333
< 				if self.repository.turnFanOnAtBeginning.value:
< 					self.distanceFeedRate.addLine('M106')
379a380,382
> 			if self.repository.turnFanOn.value:
> 				if self.layerCount.layerIndex == self.repository.turnFanOnAtLayer.value:
> 					self.distanceFeedRate.addLine("M106 S" + str(self.repository.fanSpeed.value))

François
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login