Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pronterface problem

Posted by GITRDUN 
pronterface problem
July 07, 2013 06:23PM
I'm trying to slice with skeinforge and then load the g code with pronterface. Pronterface is giving errors when loading the g code saying codes aren't recognized and such. I'm new to skeinforge so I am not sure what's going on and having a hard time finding info on my problem.
Re: pronterface problem
July 08, 2013 08:01AM
the information you have available is pretty limited, but did you check the file extension? Otherwise check the settings in the export tab of skeinforge.
July 08, 2013 08:59AM
I did get it to go finally. Im not sure what changed but it did take it. Got one good print then the next print was moving at like .5mm/sec towards the bed center after homing to start the print and was all out of whack. Couldnt get it to slice correct again, will try some more tonight. I like having all the options but the descriptions are so weird its difficult to know what changes what.
September 25, 2013 08:24PM
I am trying to do the same thing. I am suing Skeinforge 50 to generate gcode. I then load it into Pronterface. I get a lot of unknown command errors and checksum errors. Here is an example:

echo:Unknown command:"N0 ()*78"
echo:Unknown command:"N1 () start.gcode ()*84"
echo:Unknown command:"N3 ()*98"
echo:Unknown command:"N4 ( skeinforge gcode )*61"
echo:Unknown command:"N5 ( 12.03.14 )*112"
Error:No Checksum with line number, Last Line:5
Resend:6
echo:Unknown command:"119"

The first five errors, the ones noted as N0-N5, are all on the first 6 lines of the gcode file. These lines are all comments. I don't understand why the Marlin Firmware on my printer would try and parse the comments. I don't know whey I am getting checksum errors.

Can anyone help? I would really like to print using skeinforge. I can get slicer to work but it is not as good ant creating support material as skeinforge. Anyone?
September 25, 2013 08:30PM
I removed lines N0, N1, N3, N4, and N5 from the gcode file. I no longer get the unknown command errors. I would expect this but I would still like to know why I am getting the unknown command errors so I don't have to hand alter every gcode file I create. Now I get even more checksum errors. Now I get the following:

Error:No Checksum with line number, Last Line:0
Resend:1
Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line:0

Can anyone help?
September 25, 2013 09:16PM
I had something similar once and the problem was that my start/end gcode comments were using '(' and ')' commenting style. When I changed them to semicolon comment style it wasn't a problem any more. Maybe pronterface strips comments using ; form but not the bracket form.
September 26, 2013 01:10AM
Lenbok, here are the first few lines of the gcode.

()
() start.gcode ()
G28 ; home all axes
()
( skeinforge gcode )
( 12.03.14 )
( 13.09.25|23:3 )
()
M103
( extrusion )
M105

Are you suggesting I remove the "; comments" from the file?
September 26, 2013 01:17AM
Those lines with the parentheses are not valid gcode. I've never seen code like these get generated by a slicer. There must be a skeinforge setting that's causing that to happen.
September 26, 2013 01:22AM
That's strange. The comments were all removed from the between the parenthesis when I saved that last post.

Regardless, I looked at slicer and the comments always begin with a semi-colon. Comments from skeinforge look more like xml tags. Like this:

Parenthesis - less than - tag name - greater than - parenthesis.

I will try turning off all comments from the skeinforge gcode file and see what happens. I will report back shortly.
September 26, 2013 01:29AM
OK. I removed all comments from the skeinfogre gcode using the settings on the export plugin. The printer is now running. However, it didn't wait for the bed or the hot end to heat up before it started to print. I guess I need to play with some more settings. Thanks for helping me figure out the comments problem. I wonder if there is a way to make skeinforge export comments like slicer (using semi-colons) and not using the xml style I described in an earlier post.

If you have any ideas on how to make sure my printer waits for the correct temps before beginning a print feel free to post them. Otherwise, thank you for your help this far.

Cheers.
September 26, 2013 11:30AM
You can insert your own code in your start g code to do the waiting. I can post what I use this evening after I get home from work if it would help.

I also have end g code to move the print head up and out of the way of the printed object
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login