Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bridging - can this be bug?

Posted by raptik 
bridging - can this be bug?
July 08, 2013 05:59PM
Hi, I am new to reprap and trying to calibrate my printer and I found something strange with SF 50.

I have 0,5 nozzle, print at 215°C ABS, layer 0.3, feed and flow are set to 30, bridging feed to 0.7 and flow to 1.

with this settings i can correctly print bridge over hole.stl but not bridge over hole 2.stl - it looks that with second stl SF use solid layer, not bridge layer (hot end is moving with same speed, no slow down)

is it normal???

edit: i forgot say, that second stl have not interupted ring as base for bridge layer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 06:33PM by raptik.
Attachments:
open | download - bridge over hole.stl (79.7 KB)
open | download - bridge over hole 2.stl (78.8 KB)
Re: bridging - can this be bug?
July 09, 2013 05:52AM
Your 2nd file gap seems too big to be a bridge I think… in this case I should use support.

Perhaps using a fan could give better results, with an head acceleration (not slow down) over bridges?

François
July 09, 2013 07:03AM
Francois:
ok that can be solution, but why in first one is used bridge settings of feed and flow rate and second not... ( i tested with bridge feed and flow drasticaly reduced )
only difference is interrupting of circle and separated it to two parts.

then bridge layers have limit to some length of gap?
but when i was testing this "strange" behavior, then i found that size of hole doesnt matter, only that if surounding material is interrupted or not...

when i tryied to increase bridge feed rate (in case of first stl), then i got only more interupted threads and with that settings of br feed 0,7 and flow 1 that big hole is nicely covered...
(extruder is calibrated fine - 100mm feed 100m)

i make this test objects after trying to print column that have 1,5cm diameter (1,5cm x 2,5cm) with M6 hole in the center of diameter ( 2cm height ) and cant close the hole.

i must learn how to work with fan. i have no fanduct and for print it i need to calibrate a bridging smiling smiley when i use the fan what i have (60cm), then it cooling hotend with object - and speed what is ok for hotend is too slow to cool object
July 09, 2013 05:32PM
Ok, if this is normal is there way how to setup layer for gaps in SF??? (like in slic3r - speed: gap fill )
July 10, 2013 04:23AM
> then bridge layers have limit to some length of gap?

It seems to be the case, I am not sure…

> Ok, if this is normal is there way how to setup layer for gaps in SF??? (like in slic3r - speed: gap fill )

no…

Did you play with Inset/Infill in Direction of Bridge?

Trying & trying again, this is the question…!

François
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login