Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gcode not loading (ReplicatorG 040 and Skeinforge 5)

Posted by prorip 
Gcode not loading (ReplicatorG 040 and Skeinforge 5)
August 25, 2013 03:49AM
Hi All
Just new to 3d printing, bought a new 3d printer (just a generic not popular printer its @ edge3d.net) anyway the software it come with was old. Basically it had replicatorg 029 and skienforge 35. So i have decided to update to RepG 040 and Sforge 50. It worked at first but now I have an issue were when I build the Gcode it doesn't load it into repg "gcode" window, it creates a gcode file with export postfix but that file doesnt include start and end gcode it also has standard gcode file that has nothing in it except commented heading. Seems quite wierd I have moved across profile and xml file for machine from old repG and it connects fine heats up and all axis work in control panel. Does anyone have suggestions what is happening here. I have included a screen shot of skeinforge export settings after build and gcode files (cant include repG log or export.gcode as to big). Replicator appears to show error in log when i build as follows

[17:08:05] gcode sourcereplicatorg.app.gcode.MutableGCodeSource@11af7bb
[17:08:05] printomatic 5D sf other
[17:08:05] Beginning toolpath generation.
[17:08:05] printomatic 5D sf 50
Attachments:
open | download - Skeinforge Export settings.jpg (62.2 KB)
open | download - Internal Case v1.2.gcode (483 bytes)
Re: Gcode not loading (ReplicatorG 040 and Skeinforge 5)
August 25, 2013 10:29AM
I can't help you with Replicatorg, but:

> but that file doesnt include start and end gcode

end & start files names are set into Alteration plugin.

They must be in your home skeinforge directory:
your home/.skeinforge/alterations/start.gcode
your home/.skeinforge/alterations/end.gcode

> it also has standard gcode file that has nothing in it
> except commented heading.

You could try to directly use Skeinforge without Replicatorg's intermediate. Also it should be better to use anything else than Replicatorg… (outdated and more or less obscure).

François
August 25, 2013 10:24PM
Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at the code in the alteration plugin dir and try and use skienforge directly. Also you mentioned that replicatorg is outdated (which I have hearing alot) do you recommend another app as a good replacement that can take the machine info as a xml file redsnapper?
August 26, 2013 04:31AM
I use the command line to send gcode to printer, with send.py, a Python script you can find with Skeinforge: fabmetheus_utilities/miscellaneous/fabricate/send.py (you can read send.html for information).

There are several applications like Pronterface that I don't know. There is no need for an XML info file which seems to be a Replicatorg requirement only.

François
August 29, 2013 09:25AM
thanks for info I might go check out pronterface, just out of interest can u position object in skienforge, if not how do u position your model before your print?
August 29, 2013 09:40AM
In Skeinforge you activate the Mulitply plugin and use the Center X & Y parameters.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
September 03, 2013 12:51PM
thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login