Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

axis name letter

Posted by marc_hsm 
axis name letter
October 19, 2013 01:20PM
Hello Guys,

i start recently to test skeinforge, but i did'nt find if it is possible to give other letter for the X axis, Y axis or E axis for the extrusion in the gcode file ?
Thanks
Marc
Re: axis name letter
October 20, 2013 05:21AM
Why to do this, such a strange thing? Of course you can make a search/replacement after slicing if you need (SF don't use other letters), but you also need to rewrite your firmware…

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2013 05:27AM by François Delègue.

François
October 20, 2013 01:04PM
Thanks Francois for answer.
In fact i use my own numerical control wich is made originaly for high speed milling. And in the "standard" (or more common) iso code for milling machines E is not a accepted as axis name letter. E is used for Local variables for example. For my test i use a brushless motor for extrusion and i need to manage an axis for this. If you are interested by the results, i can show you . For now i am building an extruder wheel because the motor is 8 mm diameter.

For your remark, can i use the replace.csv or do you mean to make replace in an text editor ?. My wish was for example to have somewhere parameters to name the axis as we would like to have.

Regards

Marc
October 21, 2013 04:09AM
Hello Francois,
After some research, i found in the python code, where the letter 'E' is printed and i modified this. Now its ok.

Thanks

Marc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2013 04:10AM by marc_hsm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login