Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature plug in values not being used

Posted by jbernardis 
Temperature plug in values not being used
May 12, 2014 05:11PM
I never really gave this much thought because I had all of the temperatures in the temperature plug in set to the same values - 185 for PLA and 225 for ABS - but I discovered that this isn't working the way I thought it would.

Skeinforge gives us "First Layer Infill Temperature", "First Layer Perimeter Temperature", and "Next Layers Temperature". One would think these values are used for the first layer infill, first layer perimeter, and subsequent layers infill and perimeter. However it doesn't seem to be doing this.

I am working on a feature for my host program where I can override some slicing parameters in the program and slice one time with those temporary settings. I am testing by putting different values in for these fields. I have learned that skeinforge inserts a temperature command at the top of the G Code, and a shut off (S0) at the end, but never inserts any temperature settings anywhere else. Upon thinking about it, I realize that the temperature at the top pf the code is actually coming from my start.gcode file, so actually, skeinforge is NEVER inserting any hot end temperature commands other than the shut off at the end.

The temperature plug in is definitely active. Am I missing something here?
Re: Temperature plug in values not being used
May 12, 2014 06:47PM
If I remember correctly you have to have the raft plugin enabled and then set the raft values to 0 so it does not produce them. I know it is strange but most of the way SF is structured is strange.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: Temperature plug in values not being used
May 12, 2014 11:30PM
You are correct. Activating raft brought those temperatures into play (along with the max cool setting in the cool plugin).

I don't use skeinforge that much anymore, but my host program integrates tightly with slic3r, cura, and skeinforge, so when I was adding this temporary-setting feature, I wanted to have it available to all 3 slicers - and now, thanks to you, I do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login