Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

support material

Posted by RBisping 
support material
June 30, 2010 12:21AM
I have been working on a dual head system for a while but one of my hold ups has been skeining a object and being able to control both extruders with skeinforge. Im curious if there is a way currently to get skeinforge to do this or if the process just hasnt been developed yet since not many are working on this?

Also as a support material option I was desiring a full support option. i.e. take the bounding box of the object and put support material everywhere that isnt the object. with settings for shells, infill density,temp etc like it were a object its self . oh also it would need a x/y/z axis offset (z should be 0 but still....)

I am aware that this is likely a waste of support material but i would like to try this to improve both detail and stability of prints.

with the work that ive been seeing on support material i have been expecting it to be added to skeinforge soon without asking but finaly decided to ask smiling smiley
VDX
Re: support material
June 30, 2010 03:03AM
... have you read this? - [ifeelbeta.de]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 30, 2010 03:23AM
I use the support start and support end files in the alterations directory to insert the G code, ie g54 offsets, and the second
head, M6T2 or however you implement it on your system, by having the minimum support angle at 1 degree it gives more supports, but not sure if thats what you are looking for.
July 01, 2010 12:44AM
vik, yes ive been following that blog for a bit and love the info they have been putting out. now i just need to do it myself.

John, thanx for that info, and the answer to your question is both yes and no. with 1 deg overhang you may get a full shadow of the object but not full enclosure, though i havent tried that for a few iterations of skeinforge so not sure right now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login