Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinforge negative coordinates

Posted by mhensen 
Skeinforge negative coordinates
July 01, 2010 08:02PM
Hi all,

As I have created my own mendel based on 4 pololu drivers I wanted to give Skeinforge a try as it should do a better job then repsnapper, but I ran in a slight problem.
Thus I am wondering if anybody has an answer for me on this problem.

The problem is that I have locked the firmware on a minumum of 0,0,0.. this is my home and the steppers won't move into negative territory. But when I generate from Skeinforge I seen objects starting at negative locations like -40,-20,0.2 How can I move the object or give a startvalue to Skeinforge so it won't go below the 0,0,0?

With kind regards,

Michael Hensen
Re: Skeinforge negative coordinates
July 01, 2010 10:14PM
You can either move the positioning of your STL file using a mesh editor like Blender, or activate the Multiply tab of Skeinforge, set it to 1 by 1, and center it where you like.
July 03, 2010 04:24AM
Hi Wade,

Thanks for the answer !! I managed to get it moving in the right section.

For anybody who has a mendel and is using Skeinforge to generate their Gcode. Could you please share your settings for skeinforge?

I am using a Mendel with a Wade extruder setup and am looking for the Skeinforge to refine my prints. Currently I use repsnapper and have the idea that the details could be better. But that is why Skeinforge comes in play with me!

With kind regards,

Michael
August 06, 2010 04:59AM
Hi

I have a different solution.
Note: I have not locked my firmware to a minimum of 0,0,0

I have a little program called r_offset which I run before sending the main g_code from skeinforge.

This puts the extruder bang in the middle of the board. And then resets the position so its 0,0
All done via g-code. Probably could just put it in the header of the main g-code.

Anyway Perfect print and you don't have to muck around with moving objects around.

Happy to share if you want the g-code.

Stephen George
February 13, 2011 07:43AM
Hey Stephen

I know this is an old thread, but I wonder if what you have would solve the problem.

Is your offset app a pluging for skeinforge?

Cheers
February 13, 2011 10:52AM
You don't need any plugin other that Multiply!

Activate Multiply with Center = X = 100, Y = 100.

Then in your Start.gcode file HOME and set X = 0, Y = 0 at the HOME position:
M104 S210
M116 ;WAIT for all temperatures to reach set values
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 F50 ;clear the bolt heads
G1 Z8 F50 ;clear the bolt heads
G28 Y0 ;home Y
G92 Y0 ;adjust Y absolute zero
G28 X0 ;home X
G92 X0 ;adjust X absolute zero
G1 X135 Y5 F2300 ;move to dump location
G28 Z0 ;home Z
G92 Z0 ;adjust Z height for optimum 1st layer adhesion
G1 Z8 F90
M109 S210
M113 S0.75
G1 Z0.2 F90
G92 E0

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
February 13, 2011 01:11PM
I don't think you need the G92 after the G28 commands. You only need this if you want to change the coordinate for that position. One way to also deal with the negative coordinates form SF is to add this to the start.gcode:

G28 X0 Y0
G92 X-100.0 Y-100.0

This puts the origin (0,0) to the center of the Mendel bed. But if you issue another G28 X Y after this, then it resets the origin to the corner again. Either the multiply feature of this way works. With multiply, your part will print centered where you specified in the tab. With this method, you can position your part based on your STL file or using replicatorG.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login