Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M codes crashing reprap host

Posted by steveo290 
M codes crashing reprap host
August 10, 2010 08:53AM
I recently decided to move to Skeinforge for creating g code instead of reprap host, i still use reprap host to print though. I had generated g code a few times and used the RR host to attempt to print it a number of times last night. Making small changes as I went along. After my last change which was the flowrate, the RR host software started to crash when the print head came back from its beginning dump point move. The command window said 'huh? dud response' for g code M103 (turn off extruders). I then just decided to delete that code and retry, the RR host crashed on the next code, M115 which is another regular happens all the time code I believe. I didn't get a whole lot of time to troubleshoot it as it was late. I am hoping it was just a fluke and a comp restart will do the trick.
emt
Re: M codes crashing reprap host
August 10, 2010 11:38AM
Hi

Are you using 5D code?

I think part of the problem is that some M code meanings are now different between Skeinforge and Reprap.

Reprap codes here:-
[reprap.org]

You may have to examine the code put out by skeinforge to see the M code it puts out as standard as I can't find a list at the moment. I think I remember there was a conflict in the code used for heated bed.

You may be able to use replace.csv in the skeinforge alterations directory to correct this.

The quickest solution may be to put a very simple stl file through the host and skeinforge and compare the Gcode to see what substitutions to make.

If you cant use replace.csv you may have to edit the files for the time being to correct the m codes.

Let me know how you get on as I may face this problem soon as I switch from a Repstrap to Mendel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 11:44AM by emt.

Regards

Ian
August 10, 2010 11:59AM
Ok Thanks for the fast response Ian. I will update with progress.
August 11, 2010 09:28AM
Ok I fixed this by disabling the heated bed. I also turned the raft off as I am trying to calibrate using PLA and didn't want to have to print a raft every single time I tried to test a setting.
September 26, 2010 01:23PM
Try my Version, it works with ReprapHost The Wrong M-Codes are deleted in Export.py

Mfg
Wolfgang
Aller Anfang war schwer - Wolfstrap Reprap-fab.org Meine Meinung

Erfahrungen kann man leider schlecht weiter geben, die muss man selber machen.
November 04, 2010 10:27PM
If I needed to change the axis that skeinforge uses to fire the extruders, could I do this by changing the replace.csv file? I need to use axis 'A' rather than the 'E' command currently used by skeinforge
emt
November 05, 2010 05:24AM
Hi

Yes.

Make sure you use the TAB between the items to be changed.

E(tab)A

Regards

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login