Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody using S.Forge with MACH3 control software

Posted by uniquebot 
Anybody using S.Forge with MACH3 control software
August 17, 2010 03:59PM
Hi All,

Im new here and have a few issues with the printbot we have put together. I was wondering if anyone else uses the SF / MACH combo in their workflow ?

Cheers, Paul
emt
Re: Anybody using S.Forge with MACH3 control software
August 18, 2010 04:09AM
Hi

I have. But I switched to EMC as I could not get Mach to reliably operate my extruder via serial commands.

I understand Mach serial will be fixed in the new version that is due to come out shortly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2010 04:12AM by emt.

Regards

Ian
August 18, 2010 07:44AM
Thx Ian,

Im new to this field of expertise but on the whole I dont have many issues with MACH. Im just getting one or two problems with small delays hence why I was interested to speak with others using SF with Mach.

Ultimately, we plan to develop and hopefully sell a bolt on kit (Extruder, FW & Electronics USB.) for those people with MACH and a CNC wanting to play around printing objects smiling smiley

-Paul

Cheers,

Paul
emt
August 18, 2010 08:10AM
Hi

I remember now the other problems I had with Mach is the long delay every time an M function is issued. Caused great big blobs of extrusion. If this is your problem and you are using PP there is a special M code which was put in for lasers that does not have the delay. I could not use it as I had to run a SmoothStepper with Mach because the pulse train from Mach on the PP was pretty bad. The pulse train from EMC (Same PC using PP port) was several times better.

Regards

Ian
August 18, 2010 11:52AM
Ian,

Thanks again for your reply. Not having the issues you had I must say, in fact im surprised we have progressed so far so quick to be honest!!

Yes, the laser trick is something we are going to try very soon as it does work for that discipline so it should work for us too. I did read in fact read about it on this forum by a guy who did the same thing.

We chose MACH as it seems to be well written and well supported across the globe by cnc'ers.

Cheers,

Paul
emt
August 18, 2010 12:36PM
Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2010 12:37PM by emt.

Regards

Ian
Hi Enthusiasts,

How do you get sf to convert inkscape svg to gcode. I get an attribute error looplayer instance has no attribute. I am no programmer. Just trying to make custom gifts for family using my home made mill.

Thanks.
December 06, 2010 04:07AM
AFAIK Skeinforge can only create gcode from STL files.
It can generate svg files from the STL files.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
December 06, 2010 02:16PM
rhmorrison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AFAIK Skeinforge can only create gcode from STL
> files.
> It can generate svg files from the STL files.

AFAIK svg files can be turned into gcode....

See the files when you click Skeinforge tab?

Cheers,

Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login